Nebraska DMR/NXDN Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm205

Posting a few notes on Nebraska DMR systems, specifically in the Omaha/Lincoln area. Been looking to track some of these down over the past few months, and this is a reprisal of a very informative thread from a few years ago - wonder if maybe we should post a sticky on this subject.

1. Shaffer Communications seems to have expanded their Hytera system into the Omaha area from Lincoln, and it appears to be undergoing range testing. License for the new sites in Cass and Douglas counties seems to be covered under WRBU638; wondering if this is rolling out to challenge the First Wireless Connect Plus system for customers.

2. First National Bank of Omaha is operating a new multisite Capacity Plus system in Douglas county, with sites at the tower downtown and their western Omaha business complex. So far just security seems to be using it, cutting over from the conventional DMR repeater they had been using for a few years.

3. Not strictly Nebraska, but there has been a lot of NXDN traffic on the MidAmerican Energy-licensed frequencies around Harrison and Pottawattamie Counties across the river - maybe switching from the MPT-1327 system?

4. Have been fruitlessly searching to see if Telebeep Wireless in the rural counties west of Omaha has switched to DMR or gone offline completely - I have not see any hits on either the old LTR system or the new DMR-licensed frequencies (see for example WQZZ983 in Beemer).

5. Can anyone confirm if the HDR Capacity Plus and West Corporation Hytera systems are still online? Have not heard anything from them for almost two years now, but maybe they have just attenuated the power. The West Corporation license appeared to be being rented out to a recycling company at one point.

W0JJK

The Beemer tower was damaged a few years ago. It was knocked over by a strong storm. I don't know if it has been rebuilt yet.

W0JJK

He sold the wireless internet part of the business and closed the store. Last I knew he continues to work on 2 way radios but I was told this after he sold out and closed the store.

W0JJK

Shaffer Sites are coming alive today. I heard traffic from them on all the 72nd and I680 site and Cedar Creek Site. It sound like they are just getting it added to their network from sounds of the conversations.

I also heard traffic on both West Corp and HDR frequencies.

cm205

Shaffer Sites are coming alive today. I heard traffic from them on all the 72nd and I680 site and Cedar Creek Site. It sound like they are just getting it added to their network from sounds of the conversations.

I also heard traffic on both West Corp and HDR frequencies.

Thanks, I might be too far away from the West and HDR sites. Haven’t heard anything on the Shaffer sites for a few weeks, but haven’t been actively monitoring much lately.

There were a few updates to the DB lately, and it looks like there are now talkgroups for the long-vacant Cargill system in Blair (now just need Novozymes) and several hospitals have been confirmed as switching to DMR - Boys Town and Immanuel seem to be the latest.

cm205

Doing some more recent DMR validation, it looks like the 'Fremont Beef Company' system listed in the Dodge County DB is actually just a duplicate of the Kellogg system on F Street in Omaha.

jelimoore

Shaffer Communications seems to have expanded their Hytera system into the Omaha area from Lincoln

Interesting to see how that will pan out given Hytera filed for bankruptcy a month ago

cm205

Interesting to see how that will pan out given Hytera filed for bankruptcy a month ago

It sounds like they have the radio equipment installed and functional, although no traffic other than range testing heard so far, so maybe not much if they have spares on hand.

Also, I noticed the First National system was added to the DB, albeit lacking some of the TGs. It looks like it’s expanded west to the FNB business park from the tower downtown.

jelimoore

Also, I noticed the First National system was added to the DB, albeit lacking some of the TGs. It looks like it’s expanded west to the FNB business park from the tower downtown.

Mind sharing the TGs? I only get TG 11 from the 114th site. Seen TG 12 once.

W0JJK

On the Shaffers system, I was hearing some trash truck and some kind of transit company for people to appointments when I listened last month. It was all from Lincoln users. This was on both Cass and North Omaha sites.

jelimoore

Completely unrelated. Noticed FirstWireless onlined a system at BoysTown. Cap+ single site. Hearing some maintenance conversations and some sort of transportation/service company - I can hear them calling out addresses over the radio. Geographically it's close to me so it'll be easy to monitor. Lots of private calls too.

cm205

Mind sharing the TGs? I only get TG 11 from the 114th site. Seen TG 12 once.

I had also seen TGs 12 and 20. A few months ago TG 11 appeared to be for all security ops citywide, with 12 as a secondary channel and 20 as a talkaround. Maybe they have now split security for the tower and the business park out west between 11 and 12?

On the Shaffers system, I was hearing some trash truck and some kind of transit company for people to appointments when I listened last month. It was all from Lincoln users. This was on both Cass and North Omaha sites.

Tuned in again a day ago after not monitoring for several months and you are right - looks like users have been unleashed on the new sites.

Also, on first reading I thought your post said 'trash talk', and it reminded me of a rather notorious TG on the First Wireless CON+ system with copious amounts of profanity and complaining.

Completely unrelated. Noticed FirstWireless onlined a system at BoysTown. Cap+ single site. Hearing some maintenance conversations and some sort of transportation/service company - I can hear them calling out addresses over the radio. Geographically it's close to me so it'll be easy to monitor. Lots of private calls too.

Is this separate from their Cap+ single site in Douglas County? I think the DB entry for it incorrectly shows it as being in Sarpy/Lancaster.

jelimoore

Is this separate from their Cap+ single site in Douglas County? I think the DB entry for it incorrectly shows it as being in Sarpy/Lancaster.

Different system I believe. I have 462.0375, 463.3125, 463.5625, and 452.05 for the FW Cap+ system in the DB. For the BT FW Cap+ system I have (might be a bit wrong here) 461.7625, 451.8625, 452.2125, 452.4625, and 461.4625. Both of those systems are active, I've seen traffic on both of them at the same time.

cm205

Different system I believe. I have 462.0375, 463.3125, 463.5625, and 452.05 for the FW Cap+ system in the DB. For the BT FW Cap+ system I have (might be a bit wrong here) 461.7625, 451.8625, 452.2125, 452.4625, and 461.4625. Both of those systems are active, I've seen traffic on both of them at the same time.

Haven't had time to analyze the Boys Town site, but 451.8625 and 452.4625 are frequencies for the First Wireless CON+ Site 2 location in Omaha.

cm205

Haven't had time to analyze the Boys Town site, but 451.8625 and 452.4625 are frequencies for the First Wireless CON+ Site 2 location in Omaha.

Further analyzed those frequencies the past few days; they are a mix of the First Wireless CON+ system Site 2 and Kellogg F Street system transmissions. Confirmed by the talkgroups that we’re being picked up as well. Would be interested if there are some other FW stuff hidden in there that I am missing.

cm205

Has anyone been monitoring the Omaha Airport Authority DMR system at Eppley lately?

It seems like sometime in the last few months they have greatly expanded the number of talkgroups, at least according to my BCD436HP. Based on my observations the past week I am thinking they may now be using dynamic talkgroups in the double digit range, while the triple digit TGs range are the permanent channels for police/fire/ops. Interested to hear anyone else’s observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.