Nebraska Fire Takes Out NOAA Wx Service / Radio Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

twister19

You would think that beings that is the only building for 100 square miles that the local fire department could have done a little better job at keeping the hot red stuff away from the multi-million dollar government office. :p

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Hey now!

Actually there are very strict rules about fighting fires on Federal Property and lands.

I would think the depts were busy trying to save people's houses rather than the NWS office. It would be a tough call to make. I'm sure the sensors and everything would have to be replaced, but the building itself looks to be made of brick, so perhaps most of it made it okay and without too much damage.

As for the SO standing next to the radio tower. That picture is pricessless. He looks as if he has no idea what's in front of him or even what to do. Oh wait, that's what SOs do best.

twister19

NeFire242 said:
I would think the depts were busy trying to save people's houses ... but the building itself looks to be made of brick, so perhaps most of it made it okay and without too much damage.

As for the SO standing next to the radio tower. That picture is pricessless. He looks as if he has no idea what's in front of him or even what to do. Oh wait, that's what SOs do best.

What houses??? It is in the middle of nowhere Nebraska. That is true about the brick but I still think that there was enough resources out there helping that they could have contained the fire before the government property.

As far as the guy in the pic...it looks as if all of the doughnuts were lost in the fire. :roll:

red8

now that is not true NeFire242,
i was a deputy sheriff for 23 years and we were known for hanging
out in the donut shops. judging from that picture if it were a donut
shop he definitely would know what to do lol.
red8

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
red8 said:
judging from that picture if it were a donut
shop he definitely would know what to do lol.

LOL. Well you know we have to train some of these new kids who want to be cops that hang out around here. *cough* NATE *cough*.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
twister19 said:
What houses??? It is in the middle of nowhere Nebraska.

Houses or buildings. I circled them in red, look again.

Attachments

• fire2.jpg
    fire2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 290

twister19

Yes just like the plane incident in Holdrege. They put up a temp. tower on the city courhouse for about a month I think it was untl they were able to put up a larger tower.

That photo is digitally edited...lol

SCPD

QRT
I don't know if that is a cop or not. No radio or gun. Nor any other LE equipment.
Wait yes it is. I forgot bum***k Nebraska.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
I don't know if that is a cop or not. No radio or gun. Nor any other LE equipment.
Wait yes it is. I forgot bum***k Nebraska.

While I don't notice a radio, there could very well be a gun on his other side. I notice there is a nameplate on his uniform and a low band antenna on the truck, alebit it does have just a mini lightbar on it too. It would appear as if he also has handcuffs or something else next to his left elbow on his belt, and on his collar it appears to have some sort of pin, perhaps the initials of his department?

Attachments

• cop.jpg
    cop.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 234

Yokoshibu

the gun is hiding in his fat rolls .... a lot of departments in ohio went to the A/F hieght / weight uniform regulation... I know 3 peeps that got hit and were put on administrative leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.