Nebraska RACOM Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plugged the new frequencies in my old Radio Shack Pro-95 and 2062. Neither one will lock onto any of the new frequencies in Scan mode, Yet they will pick up transmissions in Manual. I've tried everything I could think of but cannot get them work in scan. I used Win95 for the Pro95 and programmed the 2062 by hand. Any suggestions? I know there was some scanners that weren't going work on the new frequencies but I'm not sure if these are one of them . Dave

You Pro 95 will not support rebanding. I am not showing a PRO 2062 listed in the Wiki or Google search. If you are referring to a Pro 2026, it doesn't support rebanding either.

SCPD

QRT
Those scaners will still track. This is an EDACS system make sure you have them prgrammed in LCN order. The LCN channels have match the channels in the scanner. LCN 9 has to programmed in channel 9. LCN 10=channel 10 and so on.

Rebanding support is needed for Motorola systems only.

IceT

Those scaners will still track. This is an EDACS system make sure you have them prgrammed in LCN order. The LCN channels have match the channels in the scanner. LCN 9 has to programmed in channel 9. LCN 10=channel 10 and so on.

Rebanding support is needed for Motorola systems only.

I have them in order. Also tried them in a bank all their own instead of mixed band of trunk and conventional. No Joy. I think the problem is the scanners won't recognize them as a trunked setup.

SCPD

QRT
My Pro94 will track the reband lancaster system. It's no different that RACOM'S Rebanding.
The programming should be like this..

Attachments

• New Picture (9).jpg
    New Picture (9).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 581

IceT

N9HWM, I had the frequjencies starting at chanel 1. I reprogrammed them today starting at channel 9 like you said and bingo we are receiving Norfolk trunk system again. Thanks for the help. I'm curious as to why channel 9 instead of channel 1. Dave

N9HWM, I had the frequjencies starting at chanel 1. I reprogrammed them today starting at channel 9 like you said and bingo we are receiving Norfolk trunk system again. Thanks for the help. I'm curious as to why channel 9 instead of channel 1. Dave

Dave, a very good explanation on EDACS is explained here: EDACS - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm curious as to why channel 9 instead of channel 1. Dave

Here is another good link explaining why LCN's are the way they are:Logical Channel Number - The RadioReference Wiki

omazrev

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding LCN

I'm getting some activity on Omaha West with the following LCN:

01-856.6875
02-857.6875
03-858.6875
04-859.6875
05-860.6875
06-861.6875
07-855.6875

SCPD

QRT
From monitoring, I'm pretty sure that Lincoln is not in LCN order, as it is only picking up partial conversations. I have them entered in my scanner in postions 801-805 of bank 8. I could use some help determining the real LCN if anyone can help out.

Redneck0410

New talkgroups?

I heard Pierce Co. Dispatch on TGID# 0436 yesterday afternoon but havent heard them since... wondering if anyone else has caught them or if they are getting ready to jump to a RACOM system anytime soon. I live in Norfolk and would like to keep tabs on that area. I have my Pro-163 set to the Norfolk RACOM system, which is what I caught Pierce County on.

SCPD

QRT
I highly dought Pierce county will be using RACOM. The tg sounds like a patch for interop w/Norfolk

Information....

Norfolk state patrol troop B has new trunking system. Anybody no its setup?

NSP Troop B, except in the Troop B area east of Hwy 77, has been on N-WIN (Nebraska Wireless Interoperable Network) for a while now.

For general system info click here:

Nebraska Wireless Interoperable Network (N-WIN) - The RadioReference Wiki

Frequencies and Talkgroups:

Nebraska Wireless Interoperable Network (N-WIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies

Discussion forum about N-WIN:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...ide-wireless-interoperable-network-n-win.html

racom rebanding

On the omaha west tower. Will 855.6875 and 861.6875 not be used? The ULS License I have posted above shows 7 freqs. I'm not an expert trying to figure out LCN numbers :)

SCPD

QRT
On the omaha west tower. Will 855.6875 and 861.6875 not be used? The ULS License I have posted above shows 7 freqs. I'm not an expert trying to figure out LCN numbers :)
Don't know. When I was running Unitrunker the site was only using those five frequencies. They could be part of the system but were not being used at that time.

nzo012

It appears Lincoln has rebanded, though I don't know when for sure. The frequencies the OP posted are apparently in LCN.

858.0875 CC

I'm picking up traffic using just those freqs, but I wonder if they replace the all the freqs from the old system, or if they should be added to those frequencies, replacing only a few freqs. Anyone know?

Has anyone figured out how to enter the new frequencies for Lincoln's RACOM system? I entered just these 5 and I am missing the replies. Are these replacing 5 from the original ten? Or did they go to just 5 now? Either that or the order s wrong, because I'm only hearing half.

Thanks for any advice

Status
Not open for further replies.