Nebraska SRS system on 796d

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0hmi

Is it possible to listen to the Nebraska state wide radio system on a uniden 796d. I am trying to program it and using the band plan listed but the scanner does not seem to accept the values as they are out of range on the band plan. Everywhere I read it is suppose to work if you have the band plan. I just can not get band plan programmed.

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
You can use 796 to listen to the SRS. I got it to work by leaving the band plan blank. The scanner will 'download' it from the control channel. All you need to do is program the control channels.

wbswetnam

Is it possible to listen to the Nebraska state wide radio system on a uniden 796d. I am trying to program it and using the band plan listed but the scanner does not seem to accept the values as they are out of range on the band plan. Everywhere I read it is suppose to work if you have the band plan. I just can not get band plan programmed.

From your location in Albion, you're in a fringe area for NE SRS. Your best tower would be the Elgin site; its control channel is 155.505 which you should have no trouble programming into 796D. The control channel will tell the scanner which frequencies the audio channel is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.