Nebraska State Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Quick question. Does the NSP run on repeaters or is it all simplex using two frequencies? ie. Base TX on one frequency and mobiles TX on another frequency, but not repeated through a repeater.

Thanks,
Tim K.

W0JJK

Simplex with two frequencies.

42.48 base goes with 42.28 mobile
42.34 base goes with 42.18 mobile
42.46 base goes with 42.30 mobile

KC0LOD

Last edited:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget to put their lil Pac RT Freq of 465.5250 into your scanner too! That will always let you know when they're getting close. =\

Wow I can hear Marshall Co SO from Kansas clear into Omaha tonight! Did hear them use speech inversion and it seems they use DTMF to ID their radio units at times almost like how some depts use MDC1200.
http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&action=fcc&cs=WNYZ977

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have the Pac RT frequencies right before the NSP frequencies. It makes no sense to put them behind the "tower" frequency.

Thanks for the replies.

Tim K.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Can you explain what the Pac RT frequency you were refering to is used for? I'm going to be driving through Nebraska tommorow night, and am looking for stuff to program. thanks guys

-Ben KC0JAR

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
It allows them to use their UHF portables with their low-band mobiles. The PAC RTs are low powered like 1/4 watt if that, but it's still a nice heads up freq to have.

Somehow the feeling is if you don't have your own 800MHz trunked P25 encrypted system you have nothing. They're low-band is paid for and works. Of course they'll say its obsolete, you have to sell more radios.

And Ben, with you're truck they'll probably just think the Feds are in town. I've seen your install pics and stuff. Very nice.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
NeFire242 said:
It allows them to use their UHF portables with their low-band mobiles. The PAC RTs are low powered like 1/4 watt if that, but it's still a nice heads up freq to have.

Somehow the feeling is if you don't have your own 800MHz trunked P25 encrypted system you have nothing. They're low-band is paid for and works. Of course they'll say its obsolete, you have to sell more radios.

And Ben, with you're truck they'll probably just think the Feds are in town. I've seen your install pics and stuff. Very nice.

I'm actually sitting at the Sapp Bros. truck stop in York right now, trying to figure out why I can hear NSP on my crappy handheld, but not with a loband whip on my 2096, hopefully I can figure something out.

W0JJK

The Omaha 42.34 doesn't transmit the PL anymore so try that.

KC0LOD

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
well, the problem was that THEY JUST DONT TALK. they must not call anything in, like traffic stops and stuff, because I saw a couple out on stops but never heard any radio traffic all the way across the state.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yeah they call stuff in... You're more than likely driving so fast the radio waves just haven't caught up to your antenna yet. Don't you have like a 706 or something mounted in your truck you can try to listen to them? What kind of scanner / antenna are you trying to listen to low band on?

If you listen to the towers you can hear them. They love to talk.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to them on a pro-2096, with a Permanant nmo roof mounted lo-band whip.

I heard alot of traffic around the Omaha area, but didnt hear much the rest of the way across the state. Maybe every 45 minutes or so someone would talk for 30 seconds. I had all the state patrol towers programmed in. oh well.

wbswetnam

NSP traffic

"I heard alot of traffic around the Omaha area, but didnt hear much the rest of the way across the state. Maybe every 45 minutes or so someone would talk for 30 seconds. "

I spent a good bit of the summers of 2002 and 2003 in Lincoln while I was working on my doctorate at UNL. I had 42.46 plugged into my scanner, and I did hear traffic, but not nearly as much as I would have expected to hear! Maybe the the NSP is just a lot smaller of a force than the state police in other states???

SCPD

QRT
They were really hitting I-80 hard this weekend.
The state usually only patrols I-80, I-680, Dodge st (U.S. Hwy 6), U.S. Hwy 275, Blair High RD (NE Hwy 133) in the Omaha area.
The NSP is pritty much the only LE agency in Douglas county that used radar. Most of the Sheriff's Deputies and Omaha Police Officers are NOT radar certified. Most of the squad cars don't even have radar in them. Just thought you people would like to know.

Pro92

Nsp (norfolk)

NeFire242 said:
Yeah they call stuff in... You're more than likely driving so fast the radio waves just haven't caught up to your antenna yet. Don't you have like a 706 or something mounted in your truck you can try to listen to them? What kind of scanner / antenna are you trying to listen to low band on?

If you listen to the towers you can hear them. They love to talk.
I can hear NSP when close to Madison on 42.280 M & 42.48 B what is the Mobile extendenter fequencey for Norfork-Troob 'B"
Thanks!
Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.