Nebraska (Statewide) Land Mobile Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannernut09

Ok so in simple terms wat does this mean, i tired reading bout it but i have no idea what any of that means so am i going have to re program my scanner? Also i live in johnson and there is a union pacific railway about 10 miles to my east and a bnsf railway to my west bout the same distance and i cannont hear them could anyone help me with that?

SCPD

QRT
First off what scanner are you using? You may need a new scanner to listen to the state's system.
For railroad, if your scanner has this option, to a service search and select railroad.

there is a union pacific railway about 10 miles to my east and a bnsf railway to my west bout the same distance and i cannont hear them could anyone help me with that?

I can help with this, first off, both railroads out there operate under CTC, in a simple word, signals. So actual radio traffic from the trains out there will be minimal at best. However, shouldn't have any problems hearing UP Omaha Dispatcher or BNSF Ft. Worth Dispatcher. You will need to park you scanner to search the railroad band, 160-162mhz for a good while, unlike here in Omaha, where you will hear a radio transmission from a train about every 15 minutes or so.

Of course your surrounding terrain, antenna, coax and scanner will have a profound affect on reception performance for both trains and dispatcher, if that is what you are interested in listening to. Not to mention the statewide system. Digital is all or nothing, unlike analog, which you can hear with noise, doesn't quite work that way with digital.

What scanner are you using?

In order for us to help you along, yes, please tell us what brand and model type scanner you are using.

Last edited:

scannernut09

ok thanks so anytime line when the whole state will go digital? I am going have to get a new scanner now, or can I hang on to the one i have for a little longer?

W0JJK

You can wait to get a new scanner, the state started in Western Part of nebraska.

Wait, by the time they get you to in SouthEast, might be a new scanner out.

scannernut09

Ok i started looking on ebay and most of them go for 200-400 bucks thats alot of money, i know i can get updates for that scanner is there any update i can get 2 make it go digital

Status
Not open for further replies.