• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NEED 00B EDITOR TO STRETCH MY 450-512 XTS5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tradecraft6f

NEED OOB EDITOR for CPS TO GET 70CM,ETC ON MY XTS 5000 450-512 that i bought at a great deal...tried a posted Mega nz file but indicated that file wasnt available...ANY help and info greatly appreciated....THANKS!!

tradecraft6f

WELL THERE WAS A LINK THAT LED ME ORIGINALLY TO RR FOR THIS INFO!! READ THE POSTS AND TRIED THE LINKS VIA RR POSTS IN FORUM..THATS WHY IM ASKING DIRECTLY ON THE GOOGLE LINK OF "RADIO REFERENCE FORUMS"..

intuity

Why didn't you just buy a UHF R1 unit? While I don't doubt it can be done, my experience with the Spectras, Maratracs and Maxtracs has been that more often than not, trying to push that far out of band results in unstable VCO lock, and even when it does, it's only after retuning if at all...

Just my £0.013...

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
my experience with the Spectras, Maratracs and Maxtracs has been that more often than not, trying to push that far out of band results in unstable VCO lock, and even when it does, it's only after retuning if at all...
Just my £0.013...

Since it's an XTS, (along with the XTL) they are quite forgiving to the point you can't compare to the older lines. I have seen XTL's pushed down into the 432 range without problems, and the hammy bottom of 440 is easily obtained albeit at slightly less power output. A good alignment can fix that, if a slight power loss (5%ish) is actually important, which I cannot think of a reason it would be.

prcguy

Yup. In an XTL and XTS I prefer an R2 since that will receive my local 500MHz police in P25 and I can easily program down to 440.0 for my hammy stuff. There is plenty of info and free editing software available if the OP does some simple searching.

Since it's an XTS, (along with the XTL) they are quite forgiving to the point you can't compare to the older lines. I have seen XTL's pushed down into the 432 range without problems, and the hammy bottom of 440 is easily obtained albeit at slightly less power output. A good alignment can fix that, if a slight power loss (5%ish) is actually important, which I cannot think of a reason it would be.

tradecraft6f

WELL.Got the good deal xts 5000 from ebay today..turns out it had a previous set of type II smartzone departments on it with a Advanced SYSTEM KEY on it,IT would not allow rewriting the codeplug.the radio will only do SMARTZONE II and digital p25 450-512...i advised the seller that it was a piece of crap and got a refund on it,advised of the Advanced SYSTEM KEY ,>>"But I Removed The ASK From The Codeplug,Which IS Good"<< and its still a piece of crap with the Smartzone II and P25 450-512 ONLY FEATURE..

Last edited:

K2NEC

WELL.Got the good deal xts 5000 from ebay today..turns out it had a previous set of type II smartzone departments on it with a Advanced SYSTEM KEY on it,IT would not allow rewriting the codeplug.the radio will only do SMARTZONE II and digital p25 450-512...i advised the seller that it was a piece of crap and got a refund on it,advised of the Advanced SYSTEM KEY ,>>"But I Removed The ASK From The Codeplug,Which IS Good"<< and its still a piece of crap with the Smartzone II and P25 450-512 ONLY FEATURE..
I'll give you $5 for it...

tradecraft6f

like to get a mod II/III for 380-470 so itll do 70cm and gmrs,frs on lp and be usable in xtva.dont need fpp...conventional....p25 and trunking would be optionally good for NAS in other areas...smartzone II definitely not needed in this region..

Last edited:

tradecraft6f

the ebay seller originally said i can send the radio back and he "knew"someone that could fix the ASK issue(remove it),but since the radio wont do conventional 450-512 then its worthless for gmrs/frs or much anything else..but im sending it back for refund got the return label last night..Dont need the drama crap..

prcguy

I'm not an expert on this but I thought conventional or analog FM is a basic feature they all have. Otherwise with a 450-512Mhz model you can easily program it down to 440.0 after diddling the software giving you a very useful UHF radio.

the ebay seller originally said i can send the radio back and he "knew"someone that could fix the ASK issue(remove it),but since the radio wont do conventional 450-512 then its worthless for gmrs/frs or much anything else..but im sending it back for refund got the return label last night..Dont need the drama crap..

tradecraft6f

nope this one i got does only smartzone ii and p25 conventional(i was baffled when i went to zone to program in gmrs,showed nac only in tones)...junk for my uses,may just save up and get exactly what i want froma REPUTABLE company or just get Another Kenwood.not had any problems with Kenwoods higher tier radios..

Status
Not open for further replies.