• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need a COR

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I'm looking for a carrier operated relay to use with a scanner to make a UHF 8 channel GM300 TX. A VOX system should work. I'm doing some experimenting getting WX alerts over UHF ham ect. . . Is there any kit out there I could build or something already made? I have looked at various sites but can't find anything that fit my needs.

TIA,
Tim K.

obijohn

I'm looking for a carrier operated relay to use with a scanner to make a UHF 8 channel GM300 TX. A VOX system should work. I'm doing some experimenting getting WX alerts over UHF ham ect. . . Is there any kit out there I could build or something already made? I have looked at various sites but can't find anything that fit my needs.

TIA,
Tim K.

And this is legal, right? You need to do a reality check here. Short of ham radio, you are not going to be legal. You did consider this. Yes?

timkilbride

Database Admin
And this is legal, right? You need to do a reality check here. Short of ham radio, you are not going to be legal. You did consider this. Yes?

So you can't have weather warnings from the NWS send over UHF ham with proper indentification? I hear them all the time on VHF ham radio repeaters.

Tim K.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So you can't have weather warnings from the NWS send over UHF ham with proper indentification? I hear them all the time on VHF ham radio repeaters.

Tim K.

Don't take legal advice from a scanner forum, I've heard of those weather alerts as well. Just remember, the FCC issues the rules, not RR users :D

EDACSTECH

TIA,
Tim K.

A CES RM20+ will work. I have used them for many applications and they work well.

http://www.ceswireless.com/downloads/man20_1.pdf

KC0QNB

I don't think a COR will do what you want, a carrier operated relay triggers when there is a carrier, and since weather radio stations are always transmitting, there is always a carrier.
A good weather radio or same decoder that recognizes the eom message and a store and forward recorder unit that can be programmed with your callsign to play at the after the NWR eom and a vox circuit might work better.
It sounds good anyway I am sure you can find the pieces. good luck

KC0QNB

OR you can get one of these
everything in one package for more flexibility and a built in receiver there is this one also
and there is a forum the WX200 also uses a windows interface, If I were doing what you want to do no point in "reinventing the wheel"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.