Need a file for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh380

I am looking for a file that I once had, and unfortunately lost due to a hard drive crash. The site where I originally obtained the file is basically gone, and google searches all point to the same site. No files, just the site. Why this guy is still paying for DNS is beyond me.

What I am looking for is one of two files. Either "wxp10.zip" or "w2ksect.bin". I have one computer with a working (genuine, not hacked) version of windows xp that isn't corrupt.

I have an install CD for xp corporate with a legitimate cd key, that seems to have some issues in the install process, that makes my machine not work properly. I can't connect to the internet via wifi, programs don't install correctly...all indications that my install CD is bad. I know because I've seen the symptoms I'm seeing before.

Somebody, somewhere out there MUST have this file(s) saved. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who might have it (and willing to share) or can point me in a direction other than the original site that carried the file.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a file that I once had, and unfortunately lost due to a hard drive crash. The site where I originally obtained the file is gone, and google searches all point to the same site that no longer exists.

What I am looking for is one of two files. Either "wxp10.zip" or "w2ksect.bin". I have one computer with a working (genuine, not hacked) version of windows xp that isn't corrupt.

I have an install CD for xp corporate with a legitimate cd key, that seems to have some issues in the install process, that makes my machine not work properly. I can't connect to the internet via wifi, programs don't install correctly...all indications that my install CD is bad. I know because I've seen the symptoms I'm seeing before.

Somebody, somewhere out there MUST have this file(s) saved. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who might have it (and willing to share) or can point me in a direction other than the original site that carried the file.

A quick Google search returned this:

Nu2 Download page

Josh380

Yes. Exactly. That's the original page that carried the file. They have called it quits and all but taken down the site completely. No files..nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.