Need a good indoor desk/bookshelf antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstatesc

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone recommend a good indoor antenna that would work for a bookshelf/desk installation? I have a desk that has a compartment in it just big enough for my scanner, but of course I can't extend the antenna since the scanner just fits. I tried pushing it to the back and letting it stick up behind the desk, but it doesn't pick up as well there. I need a good antenna that can hook in and sit on top of the hutch on the desk instead of having to attach it directly to the scanner. I did a quick glance at a few sites, but the only ones I saw are mobile antennas and I have no metal nearby to mount it to.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them.. I do have one digital 800mhz system I pick up, everything else is conventional VHF/UHF

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Got a simple cookie sheet or pizza pan? It works great!

n9zas

kd4eaq

Premium Subscriber
I've used rubber ducks on CATV distrib amps or Satellite bullet amp mounted on wall next to window, depending on what freq range you're interested in. New amplified DTV antennas work great too near window. Have used first 2 for years in apartments or where outside antennas not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.