Need a good multi band antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am looking for a good multi band antenna for my PSR 500. I am in s.jersey and mobile often and what I listen to is 155mhz-800mhz. I only have the one scanner and would like to find a quality antenna to get this range. For those of you in the Burlington/Camden Co area you all know what this is like with everyone on all different systems. Thanks to all who post. Also I have tried the condor and it does me no good.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I hope you didn't pay for that condor....there is a lot of info mainly bad about that brand of antennas.

You may need to decide which band is more important to you and sacrifice some reception on other bands. For instance I use the RS 800MHz antenna on a 396T. It blows away the stock antenna on 800MHz as you would expect but I find it performs much better than the stock antenna on 500MHz also. I sacrifice some reception quality on VHF however. You could do the oppisite also and get a good quality 2 meter/440 dualbander antenna and sacrifice some 800MHz reception. You'll have to make that decision.

Or you could get the larson tri-bander suggested above, mount it on the car and most of your reception problems will go away. I run this antenna with a Stridesburg multicoupler feeding several receive only radios. I very rarely lose the NJSP system and I can copy the Burlco system (NW zone) in Gloucester county from logan!

Status
Not open for further replies.