Need A Good "Right Out Of The Box" Indoor Antenna Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxco

Most common Frequencies are from 26 on up through CB Range, 2 meter band, 430-470, 700's, 800's, 900's systems.

I know that no one antenna will 'do it all', so if I had to cut one end of the band, the least important would be the lowest end, even though one local fire dept. still uses frequencies in the mid 40's.

I use BNC connectors on both of my scanners, per the Mrs., no outdoor antennas until I finish building my workshop. It does not have to be extremely small like a 90 degree antenna, it just has to stay in my office!

Thanks in advance!

awattam

I find that the Larsen tri-band antenna with a mag-mount on a filing cabinet will cover those bands pretty good.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
It's a good thing that you really don't mind compromising on the low band because just about any indoor solution will, by default, do just that. Even if you put a Scantenna indoors it WILL work BUT it will be a low-band compromise. Moving it from your office up into the attic will help due to increased height but I'll stick with your office location for now. With that said, my personal indoor favorite for currently available antennas would be a simple 18" VHF high 1/4 wave whip. It's AMAZINGLY effective on all bands. Even on low band it's OK. I did have the Larsen tri-band but despite all the hoopla surrounding it I never found it to be that good and it's collecting dust somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.