need a lil help with hopkins, southwest metro talkgroups PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaym1nd

I have a small son and i was recently able to hear hopkins talkgroup 10790 very well...now, its D E A D!

I have a radioshack pro-96 and i have channel 3 programmed(i thought) to just a few channels i want to hear, namely, hopkins dispatch,car2car, same with minnetonka and edina.

I also had chanell 2 progged with the same freqs plus a few others that were preprogrammed, i never heard anything on 3 that i totally reprogged, but on 2 i had fine luck...now i cant hear anything on either!!

I get the minneapolis preprogrammed channels on 1 and hopkins seems to be in there as well, but i never hear anything...heard some edina today.

Anyone have a clue what my problem is????

I live on the border of a great part of hopkins and a "bad" part and need to know whats going on around my home.

thanks for any info at all guys(pros) :)

Jay

stmills

I would check to make sure you have the right control channels frequencies entered, they changed recently for Hennepin tower 201. They are 853.8375, 852.1625, 852.2875, 852.3625.

Steve

jaym1nd

?????

ok, bare with me, im pretty dumb when it comes with this....

#1. when did they do the change?

#2. this change affected all of hennepin county? all suburbs?

#3. if this is the answer, how do I do it?

#4. is there a good "scanner guy" i.e., fixing/programing etc that any twin citians recommend?

thanks, I'm so lost :(

It sounds like you have this set up in Bank 3, is that right? Unless Hopkins PD has switched their dispatch TG recently for some reason, I think what you need to do is enter the four frequencies from stmills' post into channels in your Bank 3. Otherwise, it sounds like you have the correct talkgroup information in there for dispatch.

jaym1nd

well, i had bank 3 progged with just the talkgroups i wanted to hear all the time and it never worked, then i put them in bank two and it worked, along with some other unwanted talkgroups and freqs, then that went totally dead.....now all i get is the preprogrammed(at radioshack) mpls stuff....public works type stuff, bus line, some st. patrol.

i will try and enter those freqs that stmills gave me but all other suggestions are greatly appreciated of course :)

thanks alot!

jay

jaym1nd

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STMILLS!!!!!!!!! YOU MAY HAVE JUST SAVED A YOUNG FAMILY AND HIS NEIGHBORS LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the caps, it had to be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.