Need a little clarification...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

Just got back from a wonderful week at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge! I need some clarification so I can clean up the programming in my 396 for the next trip:

All I need to know is what should ONLY be programmed per site. I had PHX-'A' going most of the time, and got all the PD I needed to hear! Strangely, all I ever heard on 'B' was the PFD simulcast of dispatch, and what I assume was city DPW (1500 series TGID's that are not listed here). I never was able to pick up any transmissions on the Tempe/Chandler site (and that could be from improper importing that site from the database here).

I just want to make sure that I don't add any users that wouldn't/shouldn't be heard at a specific site on the system.

If you guys could give me a quick run-down by agency & site, I'd greatly appreciate it!

bigjstud1108

Well I hope this is not confusing. I really don’t listen to Simulcast B but from my understating that is where Municipal services for Phoenix and Phoenix Fire operate on. Now Tempe and Chandler each have there own system for now, and they can do not operate on the PRWN system. If you program Simulcast C, witch is labeled Tempe/Chandler you would be able to hear Some of Mesa police, Gilbert Police, and Mesa/Gilbert Fire and some of Phoenix PD. Simulcast C is labeled Tempe/Chandler not because they Operate on the system but because that is where the cell of towers is located at, Simulcast D carry all the Mesa, Gilbert, Apache Junction Police traffic and some of Phoenix PD, and all the fire for Mesa/Gilbert/Queen Creek/Apache Junction.

Tempe will soon becoming on to the PWRN via their own system linked to PWRN, Witch is site 205, This system is not be operational until later on in the year. No one know if this site will carry Mesa or Phoenix Traffic or even how it will work in conjunction with PWRN.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Nope, that's not confusing at all!

I already assumed as much, and started cutting groups of TGID's out of the different systems that didn't belong there. I also could have kicked myself for not programming the Sky Harbor IR site - I was wondering why I couldn't hear anything from the airport!

bigjstud1108

I would bring my scanner to work so I could listen to Phoenix PD. I worked just south of the airport in south phoenix, at baseline and 40th Street. I had programmed all the known control channels for the PWRN into my scanner. That’s were I had made my mistake; I was not able to pick up or follow Phoenix PD traffic at all. After Playing with my scanner for several days during my lunch break. I figured that my scanner was picking up and locking on to the airport IR site and the South Mountain IR, I ended up locking out those two systems and was able to get phoenix PD without any further problems.

The airport IR site just transmits airport TG and some phoenix TG that wonder through. Same thing with the South Mountain IR site, witch carries very little traffic, Most traffic is carried by Simulcast C or A in that part of town.

Anyways, I just waned to add that It also depend what part of town you are in, because not all TG are carried at all sites, some TG are carried system wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.