Need a little direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2874

Guys I need some help I just ordered a Uniden BC75XLT to monitor Harper County and this is all a little new to me. Two different Google searches gave me these two sets of frequencies I'll call 1 & 2:

(1)
Harper County, Kansas (KS) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

(2)
FCC Licenses and Scanner Frequencies for Harper County, Kansas (KS)

Set (1) has 15 frequencies and Set (2) has 57 so which would I use?

If I should use (1) is it alright to copy and paste all of them into Bank 1?

Are there any particular setting that needs to be made to scan these frequencies only?

Mike

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Hello!

List #1 is the database entry for Harper County, showing the confirmed frequencies in use in Harper County. Those are most likely the frequencies you would want to put in your scanner. Use the first column...the "Frequency" column. I am not familiar with your particular scanner, so I don't know if you need to use CTCSS codes. If you do, those are in the "Tone" column.

List #2 is the raw FCC license data for Harper County, showing all FCC licensed frequencies in the county. If you want to go exploring, you can listen to frequencies on that list to hear 'off the beaten path' traffic, such as businesses, obscure local government entities, and private farm operations.

Hope this helps you.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
460.075, listed as the Sheriff, is interesting. It isn't licensed for that area by the FCC. I wonder if someone submitted the wrong freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.