Need a little help with a PRO-94 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSHEP221

I have a radio shack Pro-94 Dual trunking scanner. I believe I have programmed the scanner correct but often my scanner will pick up these weird sounds while I'm trunking / scanning frequencies. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Do you see ID's in this format 400-02?
Do you have all 12 frequencies programmed and each set to MOT?

EDIT: Does the label on your scanner have Pro-94B or just Pro-94?

Last edited:

JDSHEP221

my scanner is a pro 94 does not say B and I think I have all the frequencies but no id #'s?????

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
While scanning the bank with the system, press as follows to check for the 12 frequencies.
TRUNK then use the up/down buttons stepping through the freqs.
They should be in first number of bank through the 12th number.

One freq should have a distinct noise and is called the control frequency (CC). Please tell us this freq if found and if there are 12 freqs.

JDSHEP221

I have all 12 frequencies in there and when I have it on trunking I can not hear some times? I put it on scan and hear just fine? ANy ideas Thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I have all 12 frequencies in there and when I have it on trunking I can not hear some times? I put it on scan and hear just fine? ANy ideas Thanks
Elaborate on this note. The scanner should always be in SCAN mode to hear transmissions in either trunk or conventional scanning.

I have not had a chance to look at my scanner in a few months
Start from the beginning. You stated in first post that you have programmed the scanner correct but often my scanner will pick up these weird sounds.

Is it programmed as specified in Owners Manual? Ie, the bank and each trunking frequency set to Motorola? If not, you will get weird noise as the scanner lands on the control frequency.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The PRO94 and the Uniden 245 are quite similar - they don't use open/closed mode, and you don't need to declare each frequency as a trunk type. I've done 3 or 4 of these radios locally, and they are very close - although not precisely equal - to the protocol the 245 uses.

As that is the case, the 245 FAQ will be helpful. Of course this all assumes you can hear the control channel - that weird motorboating sounding like signal - all the time, and without fading or interference. If it's not clear, the scanner won't trunk. It sounds like you have all the frequencies but the bank has not been allocated as a trunk bank

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/The_BC245_Trunking_FAQ

What county is New Bern in North Carolina?

73 Mike

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
You're not helping much for us to determine the problem. The system is Type I, do you have the fleetmap set?
fleet map or creating a custom fleet map
for your area (see “Scanning Type I Systems” on Page 55). Found in pdf download owners manual

When stepiing through each frequency, what Mode is set?
See page 42 in same pdf OM for setting Mode and entering frequencies correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.