need a little help with lebanon county frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuptyler

Hi Im new here and need a little help. I live in millcreek twp lebanon county and I have a uniden bearcat 350a scanner.I can pick up the lebanon county dispatch on 33.90 at my home but I work in richland only 2 miles away from home and the only thing that comes up on 33.90 is lancaster county.I dont quite understand.It started about 2 weeks ago or so that I could not pick up lebanon county at work. It used to come in clear. All Im looking for is mainly the dispatch so I now whats going on around lebanon county. Any help greatly apprieciated! Thanks Mike

kasey6

Lebanon County

I bought a new trunking scanner and am able to hear very little. Not sure what the problem is but I know it is frustrating. Still can't hear where the fire apparatus is going. If you learn anything new, let me know!

shuptyler

I also just bought a triple trunking scanner thinking thats what the problem is but I didnt get it yet,but maybe thats not the problem is either now. Its really weird,like I said I can get leb co. at home in newmanstown but only two miles away I cant.Even tried 3 differant scanners,I even have an old crystel scanner at home that picks it up.It only started happing a few weeks ago,If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

shuptyler

I bought a new trunking scanner and am able to hear very little. Not sure what the problem is but I know it is frustrating. Still can't hear where the fire apparatus is going. If you learn anything new, let me know!

I got my trunking scanner and after a few hours programming it I pick up all lebanon county now. Lebanon county has trunking frequencies for the north and south,I used the south witch has 7 of them. You need to put them in order. If you look in the wiki page on this site it shows them or you can look in the search tab.Which is what I did and also found a easier way to program my scanner which I had no manual for.It was pretty complicated at first but keep trying. It comes in loud and clear now. Also if you hear 5 beeps after someone talks that means its not programmed right.Thats what mine was doing.You can get alot of info here on this site just type youe question in the search tab and see what happens. Good Luck!

penguincor

Scanner Help

As to the questions asked about not hearing 33.90 as well anymore, over the last few months allot of changes have been made in regards to changing how broadcasting is done over Lebanon County Scanner frequencies. Some of the changes have already been adopted but some have not as of this date. 33.90 is not as strong as it use to be and in myerstown it's very hard sometimes to get the full page over our voice pagers which we still are using to date along with the numeric pagers as well. Purchasing a trunking scanner is the best route to clear up all radio issues. The best type to purchase is the BCT15X trunking scanner which runs about $220 per unit, its a mobile unit but is one of the easiest to clon which means anyone who has programmed there's through a computer can hook it directly up and download the programming into the other unit. There are a few guys around the Myerstown Area that have the ability to program using a computer. Now, all of the tower system should be entered into the scanner so if the south tower fails the North, Cornwall, Millcreek, and such can pick up the slack. The system is a little complicated but for the most part has been working fairly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.