Need a little help with SDR# and plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I am installing SDR Sharp version 1193 and Frequency Manager and Scanner Plugin V1.4 on a new computer running Windows7 Pro.

I have downloaded SDR Sharp version 1193 and installed it from my download file into a folder in my Documents file. I run the program and everything work perfectly..

Now I download FM and SP V1.4 to my downloads file and extract all files into a folder in my Documents folder. Now I open FM & SP and go to the file that says Plugins Setup and right click on that and set it to run as Aministrator. Next I go down to the last file System,Data.SQlite.dll and left click and click on properties and "unblock SQlite" now I am ready to install FM & SP into SDR Sharp 1193.

So now I run the setup for FM and SP. The install goes perfect but when I go to run SDR Sharp I get a box come up that says SQlite did not instal and the program will shutdown. I have gone through this process four times but each time I get the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. I did the same set up on another computer the same way and it worded perfect.

MB

s

RonnieUSA

Now I download FM and SP V1.4 to my downloads file and extract all files into a folder in my Documents folder. Now I open FM & SP and go to the file that says Plugins Setup and right click on that and set it to run as Aministrator. Next I go down to the last file System,Data.SQlite.dll and left click and click on properties and "unblock SQlite" now I am ready to install FM & SP into SDR Sharp 1193.
MB

I have never had to do it the way You are trying to install it, I just click on the PluginsSetup, and it installs fine, and works the way it should.
Below is the read me from the folder.

I recommend you read the Installation section of the User Guide.
If you don't do so, at least follow these instructions:

Unzip the freqmanager.zip file to a convenient folder.
* DO NOT unzip it to the SDR# folder for this will cause the plugin
installation to fail.

Please run program PluginsSetup.exe to install the plugins.
* DO NOT install the documentation to the SDR# folder.

If the installer has no Next, Back, or Cancel buttons displayed, this is
often because the screen's DPI (screen dots per inch) is set higher
than 100%. Temporarily reduce the DPI to 100% and run
the installer.

Thank you for using my plugins!

Jeff N8GJL

moonbounce

I did read the installations section, and I believe I followed them as stated.

I am not sure what you mean by "you never had to do it the way I do it" what does that even mean? Are you saying that you:

Don't download it into the downloads file and unzip it to another file?

Are you saying that when you click on Plugin Settup that you don;t right click and run it and run as administrator?

Are you saying that you don't have to enter the target location of where SDR is installed and you don't have to tell the Plugin in where the Plugin documentation will be installed?

I think that each step that I used is outlined in the instructions, so I am not sure what you mean when you say that you do it differently?

MB

moonbounce

All I do is click on PluginsSetup, have never had to run it as an Admin, and have never had to unblock a dll.

Ronnie, I tried it your way and I get the following:

Required file System.Data.SQlite.dll could not be opened. Your installaton maybe corrupted.

FM + Scanner will be disabled.

I have gone into the Plugin and unblocked that file, but for some reason my computer can't open it?

RonnieUSA

Ronnie, I tried it your way and I get the following:

Required file System.Data.SQlite.dll could not be opened. Your installaton maybe corrupted.

FM + Scanner will be disabled.

I have gone into the Plugin and unblocked that file, but for some reason my computer can't open it?

Sorry to hear that, I have made a clean install of SDR Sharp with no changes to it just the frequency & scanner plugin added to it for You.

Zippyshare.com - SDR Sharp.zip

moonbounce

Thanks Ronnie, that worked perfectly, I don't know why my system does what it does, but I guess i don't have to worry anymore, thanks again, I owe you a beer :).

MB

moonbounce

I just can't let things die. I don't understand why I can download a copy of SDR Sharp with a copy of the FM and Scanner pluging from RonnieUSA and run it. Yet when I try to install it from scratch it doesn't run. So what I think is happening is that my computer will not allow System.Data.SQlite to open even though I unblock it in the FM and Scanner Plugin. I get a message saying that because the file came from another computer, it can be opened to protect my computer? And that is with Windows 7 Pro.

MB

moonbounce

I found my problem for the Sqlite file not loading. The problem was SDR Sharp doesn;t come with System.Data.Sqlite.dll, that is the problem. So when I was loading the plugin for Frequency Manager and the Scanner, it wouldn't work.
Solution, copy and paste Sqlite from the plugin to SDR Sharp, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.