Status
Not open for further replies.

nevets

Premium Subscriber
The other "output" options are:
Speakers (Virtual Audio Cable)
Speakers (Realtek)

satboy8888

Then I would conclude that the issue resides within unitrunker at this point. Therefore, set aside any issues with the virtual audio cable and dsdplus until you can hear digital pulses from speakers.

If you don't mind, could you post your signal and voice windows, together or separately? (Private message accepted as well)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
If you output the digital output row from the voice window of unitrunker to your realtek speakers, you should hear it on your computer speakers. Unintelligible digital audio sounds. Right?

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I am now getting the digital pulsing sound through the speakers!. All I did was re-boot the computer.

On the "SIGNAL" VCO I have Audio output set to "SPEAKERS" and Digital output set to "Unspecified" with Mute unchecked

If I check Mute, then each time a talk group comes on I get static and pulsing digital sound. No voices at all.

what next?

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I am getting digital pulsing sounds from the speakers! I got the SIGNAL VCO set to: Audio Output - Speakers Digital Output - unspecified. Mute is unchecked.

If I check Mute then I get digital pulsing sound when talk groups come up in the site screen
What's next?

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I am getting digital lpulsing sounds in the speakers! I got the Signal VCO set like this: Audio output- Speakers Digital Output - unspecified. Mute is unchecked. (all I did was reboot the PC)

If I check Mute then I get digital sounds when a talkgroup comes up on the Unitrunker site screen.
No movement of the DSD scope line.

what's next?

satboy8888

I am getting digital lpulsing sounds in the speakers! I got the Signal VCO set like this: Audio output- Speakers Digital Output - unspecified. Mute is unchecked. (all I did was reboot the PC)

If I check Mute then I get digital sounds when a talkgroup comes up on the Unitrunker site screen.
No movement of the DSD scope line.

what's next?
Now that we have digital audio out the speakers, we need to reroute it through the virtual audio cable instead.

The signal receiver has no audio output whatsoever. Set both audio outputs to unspecified. The only role the signal receiver has is unitrunker watching the control channel and we do not need to hear that in any way at any time.

The voice receiver should be set to either receive analog voice or digital voice by the checkboxes. Accordingly, the audio should route either analog to speakers or digital to your virtual audio cable and the opposing side at to unspecified.

That will put the digital audio across the virtual audio cable.

If you have multiple cables running at a time, make sure they are set to the correct cables.

Check the volumes but input and output through Windows. Right click the sound icon in your system tray in the bottom right > recording devices / playback devices. You should see a green/grey bar bounce next to vertical volume sliders.

These volumes will probably not need to be 100% but first get volume them tweak to get the error count down in dsdplus.

Again, double check the input and output numbers on dsdplus haven't changed since reboot and you're still getting digital audio from virtual audio and outputting to the speakers.

If this is working correctly, you should only hear digitized voice, no digital pulses like you have been.

If someone is streaming the system you're trying to listen to, you can try comparing what you hear vs the stream. There will be less compression (it should sound better on your end) and you will hear everything about 30-60 seconds before the stream.

Let me know! Good night

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Helping me with UNITRUNKER / DSD +

Screen shots as requested

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).jpg
    Screenshot (2).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 111

KM4MLS

I haven't read through the whole thread but I will tell you how I have my setup going which is basically what you have described. The voice receiver in unitrunker should be outputing the digital audio to the virtual audio cable if you are trying to decode digital audio (ie. P25) you have yours set to Realtek. The input channel to dsd+ should be vac as well. Then set up the output from dsd+ to Realtek (or whatever speakers your using). My next post will be a screen shot of my setup. I'm on my phone atm. Maybe that will help?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KM4MLS

Hi nevets,

I haven't read the whole thread but the main problem I see in your config is that you are mapping the digital audio from the Unitrunker Voice channel to what appears to be your main speaker output (the Realtek output) . In order to get the digital audio decoded by DSD+ you must map it to your virtual audio cable. Then you need to make sure DSD+ is using the VAC input as its source. I'm going to try to attach a screen shot of my working config (maybe that will help a bit)

Attachments

• unitrunker_config.jpg
    unitrunker_config.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 101

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how to: "set up the output from dsd+ to Realtek (or whatever speakers your using), Please show me how.

Also, I don't know how to: "In order to get the digital audio decoded by DSD+ you must map it to your virtual audio cable". Please explain how to "map".

satboy8888

First, mapping is just sending the digital audio into the virtual audio cable and receiving it on the other end at dsdplus.

Second, when you run dsdplus on its own, it shows you input and output numbers.

You'll use those numbers to set the command line parameters when it starts by making a batch (.bat) file

satboy8888

Mapping could be viewed as selecting the outputs in unitrunker and the same input in dsdplus.

satboy8888

As I mentioned previously about the batch file, in the dsdplus folder, right click anywhere in the white space and make a new text file. Change the name to anything_you_want.bat

Right click the file and click edit, use notepad or something similar to edit it.

You want to add a line, similar to

Dsdplus -iX -oY

X being the input number
Y being the output number

Close the text file and double click it to run it

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I made the batch file yesterday as you advised me. I tried every combination of 1 and 2 for inputs and outputs. Right now this is what happens: I open DSD+ and the 3 DSD screens show up for maybe two seconds and then close by themselves. I tried over and over, same thing -- opens...then....closes. Not getting any digital noise from the speakers at all. This is very frustrating.

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I am now getting voices from the speakers!!! However, the voices are very garbled and barely intelligible. What do I need to do to clear this up?

satboy8888

I am now getting voices from the speakers!!! However, the voices are very garbled and barely intelligible. What do I need to do to clear this up?
Ensure that you aren't also hearing the digital audio at the same time. And check your processor usage. Above eighty to ninety percent? Turn some other stuff off to give yourself some breathing room.

KM4MLS

BTW, in case you don't know how to check your CPU usage. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL together and then click on "Task Manager". Once Task Manager is open, CPU Usage is under the "Performance" Tab.

-Brian

nevets

Premium Subscriber
How do I determine if I am hearing digital at the same time? what do I check for this?

CPU 20% +/-

KM4MLS

Your CPU usage is fine. I personally can't say what it would sound like to hear both at the same time, I've never experienced that, but I assume it would sound like what you were hearing before you got the voice stream decoding, mixed with the voice stream all together. Anyone else?

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.