Need a little help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone Im a litte new to the hobby so bare with me. Im trying to listen to my local law enforcememt which includes Rogers County Sherrif and the City of Claremore. My scanner is a Radio Shack Pro 164 and I am using the ARC300 software. I have imported the Rogers County Claremore/LTR Trunked system via the program into bank 0 and loaded it onto my scanner. I have done the same with the Rogers County Conventional system but imported it into bank 1. i seem to be only getting 154.7700 Rogers Co SO and 155.0850 Rogers Co EM, i have not been able to recieve a single Clarmore PD signal. Is there some other things that i need to change within in the program or on my scanner to be able to hear them? i dont think that the Claremore PD is that dead.

I did notice that some of the boxes in the program were left blank. For instance on my conventional lists under the mode tag CTCSS is filled in on a few of the frequescies, and the same for the PL/DPL column, there are some numbers listed there and some dont have numbers, they are just left blank. Does any of this need to be filled in, is this the reason im not getting any activity.

Thanks for the help,
Spencer

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Welcome Spencer,
Claremore is a tricky system to enter as it is a LTR system and Freq's need to be entered into certain channels, just looking at the database and its new format takes a little getting used too, Claremore is listed 2 times. once for the old freqs before they went to the LTR system. As long as Claremore keeps the FCC license for these freqs they will stay in the database used or not, some operators use old freqs for officers to talk back and fourth outside the ears of their Admins. The new Claremore system is lower on the page and has the LTR identifier (as seen in this link)
Claremore Trunking System, Claremore, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies

Now looking at the freqs and their listed place in the scanners channels of a bank it should look like that with channel 1 having 460.0625 and then nothing until channel 5, then 9, then 13, then 17. even though there are only 5 freqs for the system they have to be in your scanner in the listed format to work. This is called Logical Channel Order/number or LCN this is the way your scanner works on the LTR system as well as Edacs and some others.
As far as Rogers county itself I usually only hear activity on their main freq for the Sheriff and that is all I car to listen too as I'm in BA and reception is weak and not in my immediate area. The PL tones are blank on some as they may not have one or they haven't been submitted to the data base, Those listed tones mean when you enter them into your scanner, even though there may be more than one operator using those freqs you will only hear the one on that PL tone. The freqs for Rogers county can be assigned to another operator somewhere in the state or a neighboring state and can sometimes cross systems when the weather is right. You should also look at the OKWIN phase 1 system for OHP Troop's B and L for more things to listen too.
Good Luck and let us know if you have anymore questions.

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
Any way you can add Rogers County Sheriffs Office to your live feed?

I can. I have Rogers Co programmed in my scanner. The only reason its not in my feed is I seen that there are two other feeds that are scanning Rogers along with there other feeds. I just didnt want to step on any toes.

bgkindle

Neither of them actually play it though. It's always drowned out. If you had OHP troop B that would be for this area too!

sslater0679

Premium Subscriber
I will get troop B on there too. Not sure how well they will come in. I'm running a fairly small antenna right now, in the process of upgrading.

bgkindle

Awesome...this helps me so much. We are unable to hear claremore pd and everyone else on our radios, so you are helping out a ton (I'm a cop).

Status
Not open for further replies.