Need a scanner . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCIAD

Good day to all,

I just got a new 2006 Honda Civic. Dashboard space and cubby areas are at a premium. None of my current radios or scanners fit anywhere.

So . . .

Does anybody have any suggestions for compact scanners or a VHF radios? I am looking for a mobil mount, not a handheld.

Any suggestion is greatly apprecaited . . .

sac-emt

I took a look at the different agencies in Ventura County and noted that all are running on VHF High Frequencies, with the exception of Simi Valley, for now VHF High, but are looking at moving to a trunked system.

I would look at a Uniden BC8 ( I did not research Radio Shacks scanners, though.) which looks like a pretty compact unit that might fit your vehicle and would work in fine in your county.

Depending what your needs are will determine what type of scanner would work for you. Especially, if you want to monitor other agencies in other counties.

Give us your needs and you should get alot of feedback from the RR folks with ideas and they can narrow the choices for you.

Keep up the great work. I've been to our Fire Com. Center (Sacramento Regional Fire/EMS Communications Center) often and have seen first hand the work you do.

You tapped into a gold mine for a resource.

MCIAD

I guess I should have specified what I needed . . .

VHF for the most part, as stated above. Simi is indeed gong UHF (NOT 800) Trunked and Digital, so what they use won't matter much. They are keeping their Channel 1 (160.785) in their dispatch for interop purposes.

So, VHF conventional will do nicely.

Thanks

sac-emt

Awesome!

It should not be too long for the RR folks to respond and assist you.

A beautiful county you work in - been through there quite often.

RolnCode3

The RadioShack Pro-2055 is on sale for 149 plus tax. It comes with a DIN size mounting sleeve so you can mount it in your dashboard (if you have a single DIN sized opening). It works great for VHF, has alphatags, and does trunking.

BTW-The sale ends today (4-29-06)

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Did you get the navigation system? If not, it looks like your stereo is a double-DIN. Use the top slot for the stereo and the bottom for a DIN-size scanner (the 2055 Roln recommended would do nicely if you don't need digital). I've almost gotten to the point where a double-DIN dash opening will be a requirement on any new car purchase. Installs in them turn out awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.