Need Advice In Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

hartgk01

I just moved into Jacksonville,Duval Co, Mandrin, this week from Maryland. I have been informed that the outside antenna is not a priority. Could someone advise of some PD or FD freqs that I might be able to pick up.
I have PROs-2042 2053, 92 and 95 with assorted antennae. I live off of RT 95 near the Baptist Hospital Center.
Any advise would be great.
Thanks

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Better check with your wife before you buy a digital scanner! I bet a new scanner is somewhere below an external antenna on HER priority list. Good luck! :)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
FYI
My Wife's Priorities:
Candles,Curtains,Comforters,Furniture,Mother In Law,Chocolate

My Priorites: Whatever She Tells Me My Priorities are.

Try Groveling it does work

Dont ask how i got the 396, it wasnt pretty for "Man" Kind

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Grem467 has the radio system tuned to perfection, so you probably will not need an outdoor antenna.

Sadly Jacksonville is one of those places that a digital scanner does not gain you very much. It will give you Jax Fire, but no police nor state agencies as they have full time encryption.

grem467

n4voxgill said:
Grem467 has the radio system tuned to perfection, so you probably will not need an outdoor antenna.

Sadly Jacksonville is one of those places that a digital scanner does not gain you very much. It will give you Jax Fire, but no police nor state agencies as they have full time encryption.

hahah.. ill have to defer credit for that to Menotte and the network team! Im just the ahole that programs this stuff.

Fire is the biggest non-enc user, but there are alot of other talkgroups on the system as well that are not.. just depends on what your listening tastes are. If its law enforcement, then the choices are limited.

hartgk01

Stormchaser,
Could we possibly be married to the same woman???
About the 396, were tears involved? Yours???

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

firemedic2150

Database Admin
A good wife...

I just moved here a few months back and I can speak from experience after having listened to several trunk systems around the eastern US, that that this system has some of the best handheald level coverage of all of the systems I have monitored.

Mark Mc.

Two men are sitting in a boat fishing, the first man turns to his buddy and says "I think I am going to get a divorce, my wife has not spoken to me in six months", the other friend said "You better think long and hard about this, a good woman like that is hard to find"

This coming from a single guy, I have not yet found my future ex-wife.

hartgk01

I don't understand what you mean by "best handheld level coverage". Are you speaking of the Jacksonville area using a digital scanner?
Thanks

firemedic2150

Database Admin
HT Coverage

Yes when you speak of coverage you have mobile coverage and HT (Hand Held) coverage.
Mobile's by having more space for electronics and using a outside antenna tend to have better reception range for a given signal than a HT with a duckie. I only have a few places I travel around town that I cant use my 396 with the duckie, and most of those are due to high power Nextel sites killing the receiver.

Mark Mc.

Status
Not open for further replies.