Need advice on a new scanner purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkirkpatrick

I am looking to purchase a new handheld radio scanner. I currently have the Pro-97 and it has been working well up until the area I live in (Ogden area of Northern Utah) re-banded their frequencies. It still works but not like it did before they did this. I normally listen to all Police, Fire and EMS Motorola ID's, CT, DC and some Standard FM frequencies. I occasionally listen to air traffic and military frequencies as well. There is very little Digital traffic in the area as of right now but probably more to come in the future.

I have been looking at the Pro-164 and the Pro-107 (due to budget) and I dont know much about either of them or if they would work with re-band frequencies. I have heard mixed comments on both of them and need more information before I purchase one.

I guess what I am asking is if someone out there knows if the Pro-164 or Pro-107 will work in the Ogden area of Northern Utah or am I wasting my time looking at them?

Does anyone on here live in this area and have a more modern Scanner then the Pro-97 that works well other then the Pro-164 or Pro-107 but is not extremely expensive?

kkirkpatrick

Update to this.... I have now been looking at the GRE PSR-800 digital scanner. Although a little more then I would like to spend I would be willing to invest.
Does anyone know the quality of the PSR-800 and any advantages or limitations it has as far as re-banded Motorola systems go?

kc7rhw

radio

trylooking at the psr 500 it has digital as well but all so has a keyboard and the 800 dose not
the 500 is cheaper however.

kkirkpatrick

Spadinator: Good to know thanks!

kc7rhw: Thank you, I looked into this one and I think I like it for the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.