need advice on scanner selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerdaddy

o.k. folks. how about some honest feedback/advice. I am now semi-retired and thinking about getting back into the hobby.I am in no. summit county, about 3 miles from the twinsburg/chamberlin rd. tower. I want to monitor the cuy/summit counties MARCS and the GREATER CLEVELAND systems. Also Portage cty. It is either the bc436hp or the sds 100. MAYBE the trx1. I will also consider upgrade to dmr/nxdn keys if your input indicated.(only for the Uniden units, of course)Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Swipesy

All of those radios you mentioned will work for what you want to hear. I use PSR-500 and WS-1080 in Northern Portage and hear Cuyahoga MARCS, GCRCN, Summit, Portage, Lake, Geauga ,DMR (yawn) and Covnentional just fine. In my spot almost zero LSM. Your area may be different. Sure fire would be SDS100 (very expensive).

EdAzalia

My BCD996P2 works fine for me scanning Parma, GCRCN, and MARCS IP.

YMMV.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The SDS100 is the only one of the three that is specifically designed for simulcast. The other scanners may work, or they may not, depending on your exact location, even if there is a strong signal. The SDS100 will work anywhere there is a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.