Need Advice Re New PCWIN for TPD ,Tucson,AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franciscoaz60

Hello everyone Im new here hope Im posting in the Right Area.Im been listening to TPD on my Bearcat Scanner for years,I was at loss when all of the sudden I could not hear not more Transmissions from TPD in Tucson,AZ.Now Can anyone tell me if the Uniden Home Patrol Scanner would receive Transmissions from the TPD? I love how the unit looks,it can also run on Nicads Batteries makes it portable,nice.The price is high,though but am thinking of getting one this year.Thanks in Advance.

kd7eir

Hello everyone Im new here hope Im posting in the Right Area.Im been listening to TPD on my Bearcat Scanner for years,I was at loss when all of the sudden I could not hear not more Transmissions from TPD in Tucson,AZ.Now Can anyone tell me if the Uniden Home Patrol Scanner would receive Transmissions from the TPD? I love how the unit looks,it can also run on Nicads Batteries makes it portable,nice.The price is high,though but am thinking of getting one this year.Thanks in Advance.

TPD is now on the PCWIN system, which is a P25 Phase II system. You will need either the new Uniden BCD436HP Handheld, the new Uniden BCD536HP Base/Mobile, or a GRE PSR-800 (discontinued but can usually be found on eBay.)

I have the BCD436HP and it does a great job receiving TPD.

JOHNZUM

In the same boat - but now have the Uniden BCD 536HP

I was in the same boat with my PCWin radio. It only does APCO 25 phase I. I went out on a limb and got the Uniden 536HP. My scanning capability has increased termendously and I am now listening to all kind of new stuff --- Even the police/fire/DOC!! Everything I lost when Pima County went to PCWIN, I have now gotten back and a lot more!!...John

Franciscoaz60

Hi John thanks for info sure miss listening on my bearcat for years,but oh well Im thinking of getting a Uniden 536,but dang the price is high.guess its a matter of how bad you want it.As long as I can get TPD Southside and Midtown Transmissions,Im good.Guess in a way this new PCWIN is s better System.

biloxicoast

Premium Subscriber
bc296d pcwin Please help

i have a bc296d with apco card and firmware upgrade to apco p25/phase ii but can not pick up tpd. please help

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
In the radio settings I have the option to program apco phase 2 under 800 mhz

The BC296D was produced long before the P25 Phase 2 standard was finalized.

The option on this radio is "TYPE2/P25 800". This is for a Motorola Type II Trunking system that uses P25. This would be a system like Maricopa County uses.

Maricopa County Trunking System, Maricopa County, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

This is different than "P25 Phase 2" like Pima County uses.

Pima County Wireless Integrated Network (PCWIN) Trunking System, Tucson, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

Long story short, this scanner will not receive P25 Phase 2.

biloxicoast

Premium Subscriber
Ty

Thanks for the clarity, to bad I don't know how to use Linux , after a bunch of research I found OP25 will decide phase2 on a pc and windows 10 has bash. I have rtl-sdr dongles just not the knowledge

milcom_chaser

Hi John thanks for info sure miss listening on my bearcat for years,but oh well Im thinking of getting a Uniden 536,but dang the price is high.guess its a matter of how bad you want it.As long as I can get TPD Southside and Midtown Transmissions,Im good.Guess in a way this new PCWIN is s better System.

You can also listen to TPD with a Uniden bcd 325P2.

Status
Not open for further replies.