Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

I'm curious, as to what scanners you find work best on P25 simulcast systems. Sorry if this was talked about some time ago, I'm in Tennessee where a new P25 simulcast system is now on the 700/800 Mhz bands. I know you guys have lots of P25 simulcast there.
Do GRE radios work that much better than the xt line of Unidens? I'm mainly interested in which models decode the signals without the choppiness the older digi scanners. I have heard the GRE scanners are more prone to interference from cell sites? I'm finding out the older digi scanners can be boogars when taken on the road. I want to get something that has been proven to work on P25 simulcast.
Thank you in advance!
BG..

Astrak

It really depends on where you are in the simulcast. A while ago another member on the forums and I compared the 396XT and RS PRO106 on the Phoenix simulcast A and Mesa simulcast and found that both were about equal. Recently though I had a chance to mess around with a 996XT, I connected it to the same antenna's I use to provide the feeds here on RR. The GRE/RS radio's performed much better than the 996XT did, both the antenna's used are stationary and I didn't change their location at all while testing the two different scanner brands.

If I had a little more time with the 996XT I'm sure I could have found an antenna sweet spot where the Uniden's would have outperformed the GRE/RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.