Need antenna recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marchboom

I have been out of the scanning hobby for many years and will be getting back into it. I will probably be getting the Uniden BCT 15X radio. This will be for a base station with no intention of going mobile. Many years ago I bought a good antenna for my Uniden BC 100 scanner and it worked great so I know the value of spending money on a good antenna to get better reception. I have been looking at antennas and am thoroughly confused as to which one to get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Stats:
Located in North Idaho.
Elevation is 2600 MSL.
Antenna will be in attic.
I listen to aircraft, some ham radio, emergency freqs. and just scanning to hear what's out there.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have been out of the scanning hobby for many years and will be getting back into it. I will probably be getting the Uniden BCT 15X radio. This will be for a base station with no intention of going mobile. Many years ago I bought a good antenna for my Uniden BC 100 scanner and it worked great so I know the value of spending money on a good antenna to get better reception. I have been looking at antennas and am thoroughly confused as to which one to get. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Stats:
Located in North Idaho.
Elevation is 2600 MSL.
Antenna will be in attic.
I listen to aircraft, some ham radio, emergency freqs. and just scanning to hear what's out there.

Consider the Diamond D220R, perfect for the attic!

Status
Not open for further replies.