Need Assist- Bc780xlt Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WAYMAN

8-2-06 2312 HOURS EDT
Hello all, I need an assist with our BC780XLT's. Have our statewide trunking system set up in the first three banks of these scanners. Am usually stationed in the north and receive same, and have all the talkgroups programmed for all three systems (north, central and south). When travelling through the state I am in range of the other system(s). However, I would like to "preset" the other two banks and lockout most of the talkgroups in those other two systems but have not been able to find out how to do this while not actually being within range of the control channels of the other two systems. I'm reasonably certain this can be done but I cannot seem to find the information anywhere explaining how to do so.
Anyone out there having done this before, I would greatly appreciate your speedy reply.
Thanks and 73's to all.
2WAYMAN :)

trafficdan

Premium Subscriber
If I understand the way you worded this correctly you want to only hear the North system talkgroups while you are in range of the central and south systems, correct?

If that is the case, I would just load the control channels into 1 bank, and do control channel only scanning. My county has an east and west system with talkgroups of the same number on both systems and that is how I handle it. Only down side is that if you want to hear a talkgroup which is only assigned to the west system and you are in the east, you are out of luck.

I forget exactly how NJ's system worked, but I thought most talk groups (particularly north and south) were specific to their systems and you won't get them on the other systems.

2WAYMAN

8-3-06 1715 HOURS EDT
Hi TrafficDan!!
Thanks for the reply. However, what I am actually trying to find out is how to go into the menu of the BC780XLT so I can lockout some of the talkgroups in the central and south systems prior to driving into those areas so as to only need to listen the few tg's I wish to monitor. I have the north system set up in bank one, the central system in bank two and the south system in bank three. If the radio is in actual earshot of the control channels, as I am in the north system, it is as easy as hitting MAN, then scrolling through the tg list and locking out the ones you do not wish to listen to. However, when your scanner is not is range of the system control channels, how can you perform the same function?? I know there is some method of doing so, but cannot find it anywhere documented.
Hope that clears up my original dissertation and that you might have a solution.
Thanks and 73's!!
2WAYMAN :)

tiawah466

The 780 has 10 banks of 10 groups each. When in scan mode by hitting the select button you can change from the main bank menu to the sub group menu. put everything you want to keep together in subgroups, when in the subgroup menu you can press the number button for a subgroup and turn it on or off, if the number is displayed on the top of the screen it is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.