Need assistance in Win500 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

innova

Premium Subscriber
All,

Been using Win500 w/ a PSR-500 for a few months now and it's working great. The thing is I've only used RR to import, and now I'd like to manually add a few channels. I found them listed but I'm not 100% sure on how to enter the squelch mode or squelch codes. This is what I've got;

151.6550 [ d071] Acme OPS
151.7150 [ 67.0] Acme Security
151.7450 [ 67.0] Acme Snack Bar
151.7750 [ 67.0] Acme Parking
154.5150 [ 67.0] Acme Production
154.5400 [ 67.0] Acme Technical

I'm aware of the different types of squelch mode/codes, but can't figure which type based solely on the values. Could somebody shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

-innova

*mods* Feel free to move this as it's not a Win500 issue per se.

Last edited:

w2xq

Mentor
Looks like these are CONVentional frequencies. Not sure about d071 -- my guess is DCS -- but the Wiki should address that. Clearly Squelch Code 67.0 (Hz) is Squelch Mode CTCSS. When adding these frequencies, don't forget to add them to a Scan List of your choosing (depending upon whether your lists are by geographic region or by service or something else). HTH.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm fairly certain that Tom is correct, which AFAIK is always a whole number...

DCS - The RadioReference Wiki

you might want to look at the site whereever you pulled those freqs from, and see if they have a key for the abbreviations like we do...

HTH...Mike

innova

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a ton guys, all entered and is scanning through them now. It doesn't stop on them regardless of the squelch knob position, assuming that has to do w/ hardcoding the squelch codes. Still learning here.

-innova

w2xq

Mentor
You probably have a CONV object that has no squelch mode, e.g. Search. MANually go to that channel and open the squelch (counterclockwise) until you hear noise, then backtrack only far enough to quiet the radio. Then put the radio back in SCAN mode. If you have the squelch control turned all the way up (clockwise), you won't hear any but the strongest signals in your immediate vicinity. HTH.

innova

Premium Subscriber
I have these in their own list, and all are either CT or DCS with codes for each. Even in manual I cant get any noise regardless of squelch knob position. I can get an "S" with the squelch wide open, and it disappears with an adjustment. So it looks normal, just doesnt sound it if that makes sense. This is for an outdoor concert venue, so there won't be any real activity for at least a month or two which explains the lack of actual traffic.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.