Need buying advise. (need a new scanner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vontar

Premium Subscriber
I am considering a new Radio as my Pro 97 is dying. (shorting out, internal issue).

I started looking at the Radio Shack Pro 688, but I understand it may not have support much longer and is effectively the same as WS 1080(still gets updates).

I am trying to decide for sure which one I should get or if it matters much. The Pro 688 seems to be a bit cheaper, but is it a case I get what I pay for?
Both seem to have been on the market for a while.

Or is there a something newer that I will be kicking myself for not getting?

Is the WS-1095 just a desktop\mobile version of WS1080? I just found out about the WS-1095. Wondering if I should consider it instead of the 1080.

The WS-1095 seems to be priced between the others.

Price wise,
RS Pro 688
WS-1095
WS-1080.

Note, I am looking for easy to program. I intend to set it up and hope it runs for at least long periods of time with little adjustment. Once I finally got my Pro 97 up and running, I seldom had to adjust anything.

If it helps, my location is Anderson County, Tennessee. My local PD can be picked up by triple trunking systems, while the State Troopers, can not. Kind of hoping to pick up State troopers, game wardens with a new scanner. I welcome any suggestions, even if the suggestion is not one of the 3 i listed. I am trying to look at Pros and Con's. I hope to order tonight or at last this week. Sorry this has probably be ask 100's of times, I just want to make sure I have current info, as My initial research was focused on getting a RS Pro 688 which lead me to looking at the WS-1080.

vontar

Premium Subscriber
I got some feed back from a reviewer on Youtube. I have ordered the WS-1095. I believe it will suit my needs/wants.

kc2kth

Sounds like a good choice. I wouldn't spend on a Radio Shack branded model any longer since they discontinued them what, 3 years ago now?

vontar

Premium Subscriber
As I don't keep up with them like everyone here I almost didn't know that. searching threads I catch something like that. I should have mine tomorrow when I get home from work. I may be over in the help section if I can't get it programmed but going to give it my best first. back up the SD card, etc..

vontar

Premium Subscriber
well, it was suppose to be tomorrow, now listed for Thursday. /grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.