Need Colorado County Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I have the TX WARN system programmed into my PSR-500 but the only Colorado County talkgroups I seem to hear are the SO Dispatch and EMS Dispatch. I have never heard the PD or Fire talkgroups. Are these maybe TDMA? If so can anyone provide the TDMA slots I need to make a program for the BCD436HP that I have on order? I don't think they are encrypted because the PSR500 does not mute encrypted talkgroups.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Tim, I'll check. The FDs aren't too active and I would not be surprised if the local PDs work off of the sheriff's channel.

Tim-B

Okay, thanks. Let me know what you find out. The place in Columbus where I eat lunch sometimes usually has two to four Columbus PD officers in there and I can hear their radios talking but when I try to listen on the scanner later I only hear the SO. But as you said maybe they are on the SO's talkgroup.

Wes

Premium Subscriber
It'll be toward the end of this month or next month, but I may soon be involved in the public safety world down there...

Tim-B

You know, now that I am paying more attention to what I am hearing I think that Columbus PD is being dispatched on the SO channel as some other areas do. I hear at least two sets of radio call numbers that are being dispatched to calls as you would expect for a patrol unit. I hear some 400's and some 600's on the same shift being to dispatched calls. I think one of those is the SO and the other is the PD. I will have to make note of which set of calls numbers are dispatched to city addresses and which are dispatched to rural adresses and I will have my answer.

Tim-B

I think I have some of it figured out. The radio call number in the 400's are all dispatched to addresses in Columbus city limits so they are probably the PD. The 600's are all dispatched to rural addresses so they are probably the SO. I also hear some 300's and 500's. Not sure who they are yet. I did notice the same dispatcher's voice dispatching on the SO's channel, the Fire Dept's channel and the EMS dispatch channel. That's when you know you are in a small town.

Tim-B

If anyone is interested I believe have figured out some of the RCN's that are dispatched on the Colorado SO dispatch channel based on where they are dispatched. They are as follows:

300's - Eagle Lake PD
400's - Columbus PD
500's - Weimar PD
600's - Colorado SO

Wes

Premium Subscriber
800s are individual Colorado County EMS medics. Medic 1 and Medic 2 are in Columbus. Medic 3 in Eagle Lake, Medic 5 in Weimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.