Need Event Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone know what freqs are being used at the Taste Of Chicago this year? I know it starts tomorrow, and want to monitor. I already have all the CPD/CFD freqs. I am also looking to get hold of the Chicago Air / Water Show freqs for 2008.

One more question. I have heard some new CPD beats out on the air the last couple years. Example: 45T10 and the like. I have so far only figured out that they are a gang unit, but would like to know what the assignments are. Is it similar to the tac unit or other detective area assignment patterns? This question can be answered privately and it would likely be best. Don't wanna endanger anyone.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes...U.C.V. is the Unified Command Vehicle. City-Wide 6 is the primary as in year's past, EMS-North Digital is being used as in year's past. On the 3rd during fireworks add City-Wide 5 for "perimeter control". They'll be handling all the outside traffic control. If you happen to listen on the 3rd, you may want to have a few scanners going as you'll be hearing so much radio traffic, the scanner won't be scanning much.

Last edited:

h00sierdaddy

Should it be normal that I can not hear anything on the new digital system? I live in Lake Co, IN (about 20 miles from the city). I can pick up the older, active UHF and VHF stuff now. I'm thinking I don't have the new digital stuff programed right.

As of today, it seems I only hear testing on 477.5125.

Sounds like one tech said he had to switch control to the backup. Had a problem with a comparator, switched to the 311 center (from the original 911 center). Also said same problem happened last year. TX25 said Taste is using "SIM SOUTH". Don't know what channel that is.

ids heard:
TX23
TX25

The EMS Command Van (462.975 [ct156.7]) is active though with I guess parade ops in Wrigleyville. Also stuff on CW5.

Last edited:

RADIOGUY2002

Mutiple Events today's other then the taste. Yea, the simucast North was down for a while. The event digital radios have five channels programed in them from the brief monitoring I've have been doing. Their are event radio's also floating around and have some repeater pairs from my understanding, no idea wht their on or layout for either system.

Statevillian

Nice chalky avator

Yes...U.C.V. is the Unified Command Vehicle. City-Wide 6 is the primary as in year's past, EMS-North Digital is being used as in year's past. On the 3rd during fireworks add City-Wide 5 for "perimeter control". They'll be handling all the outside traffic control. If you happen to listen on the 3rd, you may want to have a few scanners going as you'll be hearing so much radio traffic, the scanner won't be scanning much.

Great to see you have adopted the official symbol of recent violence in Chi Town: Chalky

Status
Not open for further replies.