Need freescan help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ent3960

Hello everyone,
I'm E and I'm new to this. I have a Uniden bct15x. I have been trying to download freescan, but can't for some reason. I get pages telling me how to use it ones I have it. Can anyone help download it?

Thanks E

I have been trying to download freescan, but can't for some reason.

Freescan:

Reactions: wtp

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
FreeScan was never coded to support any of the HP line of scanners. Besides, it has been pretty much abandoned. Mike

Xray

I also am being run around in loops and am unable to find anything to download, lots of chatter and useless links though

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just downloaded it using the site dialtone gave, and the user guide for the software is in the wiki. Please read what you've been given...MIke

Xray

I just downloaded it using the site dialtone gave, and the user guide for the software is in the wiki. Please read what you've been given...MIke

Yep thanks, thats the 1 link I didn't try/notice, that worked, now to see if it works. Am using for the BCT15x, doesn't look too difficult to program manually if worse comes to worse, time consuming maybe.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Xray before you go any further, it would be wise to sit down and learn a little bit about how DMA works - it's not immediately intuitive but once you have worked with it for awhile, it becomes a lot easier. We have a wiki article with many links on how to get started, and most importantly, links to the Easier to Read manuals - and there is one for the 15X.

Hopefully this isn't your case, but you should know that the 15X is an analog-only trunktracker. It will NOT handle any digital systems. If the system you are trying to program lists Project 25, DMR or MOTOTRBO, NXDN or ProVoice, in our database, it won't work.

If you made this mistake, don't feel bad - many newcomers have made exactly this mistake too....Mike

Xray

Oh no, well aware of its limitations, I have a SDS100 and soon a 200 for my listening needs. This scanner I am setting up to be my primary airshow scanner so I see no reason why it should not excel doing that [I run into Ronski alot at shows, we tend to go to the same spots outside bases]. Am also going to program in my local airport [Wayne Cty Metro], though I am not much into civil aviation.
So this scanner will be used for very limited and specific purposes, and I'll just have to enter a few dozen freqs to cover the airshows, blue angles ect and thats it. I used to use my old trust 2006 for this purpose but its showing its age and is not dependable anymore so I retired it from field use.

No shows coming up for months but I know me, I always wait until the very last minute then rush like mad to get things ready, so I'm just looking to get a jump on it, and also test out my discone that I put on my roof a couple months back and not really used yet. The BCT15x itself I got months ago and just got around to opening the box yesterday, I am hoping that the cable I have works, not minded to pay $30 for a special cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.