NEED FREQUENCY FOR ANCHORAGE PARAMEDICS MEDIC S TO HOSPITAL CHANNEL 800 mhZ BAND WILL INEED TO PROGRAM ALL THE FIRE FEQUNCIES TO MONITOR JUST THIS CHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald5508

Need the paramedic to hospital channel. ( 800 MHz band) Also do i have to program all the fire channel s to just monitor this channel? !!!! also is the paramedic dispatch channel scrambled like the police channels? i need this info for Anchorage Alaska database!!!

fredva

Feed Provider
Anchorage is transitioning from one radio system to another or maybe already has. Those systems are documented in the RadioReference database under Anchorage Wide Area Radio Network (migrating to ALMR) Trunking System, Anchorage, Alaska - Scanner Frequencies and Alaska Land Mobile Radio (ALMR) Trunking System, Statewide, Alaska - Scanner Frequencies. The old system would have allowed you to monitor the EMS to Hospital talkgroup but the new system shows "De" for EMS to Hospital, which means there is partial encryption. To program either system, you would need to program at least the control channel frequencies and allow the EMS to Hospital talkgroup to be monitored. Somebody local would have to tell you whether the old system is retired now or not, and how much encryption is on the new talkgroup. Partial encryption may mean that you can hear the hospital but can't hear the ambulances giving the patient reports, as an example.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is that all 800MHz operations have moved to ALMR. The ALMR system is mostly (outside of Anchorage) on 150MHz frequencies. The Municipality of Anchorage is on a 700MHz system. This is or can be connected to the ALMR system if needed. The Anchorage system is mostly or entirely encrypted. By the the way scrambling and encryption are not the same thing. You cannot receive the encrypted system. The other problem with the system is that Anchorage 700MHz units cannot communicate if they are out of range of the municipal system. You would need two radios to accomplish this.

RR database listings have all the frequencies as far as I know. I'm in Anchorage several times a year and have given up taking a scanner with me. Just take a ham HT.

The hospital to ambulance communications are a talk group in the 700MHz trunked system not a specific frequency. They may be partially or entirely encrypted. AFD seems to run the ambulances. Have never seen a private ambulance.

agwatts

1) It's all on ALMR now (the 700 MHz zone), and just about everything in Anchorage is encrypted except the buses. They're very restrictive with who gets access to what even within system users.

2) Yep, AFD runs all EMS. There are private ambulances, but they only do interfacility/non-emergency transports and medivac runs from the airport to the hospitals.

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
You've been told this before on this forum - everything you're looking for is on a trunked system, therefore noone will be able to give you a specific frequency. You have to program in the control channel (774.531250) in trunked systems and find talkgroups.

Talkgroup 44030 for Medic-to-Hospitals in Anchorage. Surprisingly, a lot of traffic on this channel is still in the clear.
44031 is used to dispatch private ambulance services, such as LifeMed and Guardian flight. These services operate for private transfers only and do not respond to emergencies.

AFD Paramedics are dispatched on Talkgroup 44021. It is completely encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.