Ok so first I will start out by saying that you will almost need programing software. Trying to program a trunk system by using the keys on the scanner takes A LOT of patience and time for those of us who know what we are doing and have done it before.
All cities in Macomb county (with few exceptions) are on the Macomb County Simulcast.
1. So in your programing software you will want to create a new trunking system. Set it to P25.
2. The freqs for this simulcast are 868.9875 (primary control channel) and 868.2625 (alt control channel)
........After the trunk system has been created its time to start adding the talkgroups (the individual departments of the cities)............
Depending on the software you are using you will need to find out how to add talkgroups to a trunk system.
3. Go to this web site... Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
4. Add the talkgroup ID's that you want. Everything is listed in alphabetical order under Macomb County. You can also add alpha tags to each talkgroup, so a name will appear instead of a number. Any talkgroup that has an "E" listed for it under the mode column means its encrypted, and there is no need to add it.
(You will notice SERESA is also listed. It is part of the same system, just add the talkgroups for it. SERESA is the name given to the combined dispatch center for Eastpointe, Roseville, and St. Clair Shores.)
Hopefully you have just successfully completed adding all the talkgroups you want for Macomb County.
Now we need to add Warren / Center Line since they are on a different P25 system.
1. Create a new trunking system, set it to P25.
2. set the freqs for it to be 853.4875 (primary control channel) .... and also add the following alt control channel freqs.... 854.4875, 855.4875, and 856.0875
3. Go to this web site Warren Public Safety Project 25 System Trunking System, Warren, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies
4. Add the talkgroup ID's & alpha tags that you want. Any talkgroup that has an "E" listed for it under the mode column means its encrypted, and there is no need to add it.
Hopefully you have just successfully completed adding all the talkgroups you want for the Warren / Center Line system.
Do you also wish to listen to state police?? If so you can also add these steps....
1. Create a new trunk system, set it as P25
Since MSP is not on a simulcast you need to add multiple towers to make sure you get as much as possible. This is just a matter of typing in more freqs.
2. Add the following freqs...
868.9000 & 868.4000 (Mt. Clemins tower)
868.5125 & 868.1625 (Romeo Tower)
868.4625 & 867.9625 (Southfield Tower)
If the scanner will be in southern Macomb County also add this tower....
867.925, 854.2375, 867.9125, and 868.9625 (Northville Tower)
MSP consists of multiple districts. You are programing District 2 which consists of Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne County units.
3. Add the following talkgroups to this system....
2007 (District 2 dispatch)
2010 (District 2 LEIN)
2011 (Another LEIN talkgroup)
2166 (A Car-to-Car type talkgroup)
1000 (statewide emergency)
2001 (District 2 emergency broadcasts)
That should do it. There are a lot of other "Event" talkgroups and other kinds of talkgroups you can add to this system. To look them up go here... Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
Remember you can not add anything with an "E" in the mode. You will want to look under state police district 2, as well as statewide talkgroups and emergency management talkgroups.
I know this is a lot of info. If you have any questions feel free to ask.