BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Need help/advise on new freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

dshank522

New to scanning here. My local police dept has gone to a trunked system. I have setup my favorites from the latest database download on Sentinel. Kearney Mo police. I do not know if the database has the new stuff as I do not know enough about the data in Sentinel to know if it's the new freq's for my local police dept. Any advise would be helpful. I have checked avoided and made sure the favorites are set to monitor,service types and such are all turned on. Maybe I should be asking if just grabbing the below path is enough to hear them.

Path in Sentinel
USA\Missouri\Clay\County Systems\Clay\Municipalities and Districts - Kearney

Thank you in advance for any advice.

marksmith

That path does not take you to a trunked system. Just 4 frequencies for fire and police dispatch.

I am just guessing, but if you know it is a trunked system, try loading the Kansas City Metro system. I see lots of channels for Clay County, including sheriff, fire etc for the county.

Also see specific sections for Clay county for Gladstone, Liberty, and North Kansas City. These are under Clay County.

I see no new trunked system for Kearney. Doubt they would have their own and would be on a regional or statewide system.

This is the most likely system it would pop up on if it is new and not yet in RR that I can see.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

dshank522

Thank you Mark. I didn't think it looked like a trunked system but do not know enough about this stuff to know for sure. I will try your suggestion and THANK YOU for your help !

marksmith

You should definitely get some trunked Clay County to listen to by adding that system to your favorites list.

If you are dealing with a recent change, then I would also go into that system on your radio or in Sentinel and change the system from SCAN to SEARCH.

This will cause the radio to hear everything on that system (even talkgroups not yet in RR), as opposed to just scanning those talkgroups that exist in your favorites list.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.