• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Help Baofeng Chirp & Our Motorola Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

locofinn

I’ve been tasked with radio programming duty at my local sports car club race track. We have a Motorola radio repeater system for our track marshals which all run through a repeater in the timing tower. The club decided to cheap out and buy some Baofeng UV5R’s for additional communication for non critical track support personnel. We hold the license for the whole system. They gave me the frequencies for the repeater which I set up using chirp. We can hear the repeater fine on the Baofengs but cannot transmit back through the system with the cheapo handhelds. I must have a setting incorrect and could use some help. I am told our repeater frequencies are transmit 158.295, receive 153.095 and DPL 155. This is all I know. I’m learning but kinda in over my head on the programming. There is a race this weekend and no pressure, right? Why do I volunteer for this stuff?

This is what I have for each column of the chirp program. I’m guessing one of these settings is not right.
Frequency: 158.295000
Name: TRKRPTR
Tone Mode: DTCS
Tone: 88.5
Tone SQ: 88.5
DTS Code: 155
DTS Code RX: 023
DTS POL: NN
Cross Mode: Tone->Tone
Duplex: -
Offset: 5.200000
Mode: FM
Power: Low

Thanks in advance.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I would make the DCS RX code the same as the TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.