Need Help BC785D in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

780xltuser

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I have searched through the forums and can't find anything. I am trying to re-program my old BC785D. Can anyone in the GTA or Southern Ontario help me with programming Bell Fleetnet (OPP) into my radio? I can travel to you if need be. I just moved back from Alberta and would really like to use my radio. Thanks!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Don't think I got anything from you but keep in mind you'll get better support here in the Forums than from me personally.

mciupa

Database Admin
I was trying to program my 785d as well and was having trouble - I went through the sticky

Are the band plans set up properly?

The first thing that trips people up is setting the base configuration. If programming by hand, did you get that set up successfully?

Have you tried Freescan? It will calculate the upper frequency of the band plan.

Once those things are done, proceed with entering the sites that you are close to and add the talkgroups of interest.

dmikes

Are the band plans set up properly?

The first thing that trips people up is setting the base configuration. If programming by hand, did you get that set up successfully?

Have you tried Freescan? It will calculate the upper frequency of the band plan.

Once those things are done, proceed with entering the sites that you are close to and add the talkgroups of interest.

i entered in these numbers
Press "141.015E" to enter the BASE FREQUENCY 1.
Press "15E" to enter the SPACE FREQUENCY1.
Press "380E" to enter the OFFSET CHANNEL1 (or just press "E" to leave it at the default which is already 380).

Press "E" to setup Base Config 2.
Press "151.730E" to enter BASE FREQUENCY 2.
Press "15E" to enter the SPACE FREQUENCY 2.
Press "579E" to enter the OFFSET CHANNEL2.

Press "E" to setup Base Config 3.
Press "154.320E" to enter BASE FREQUENCY 3.
Press "15E" to enter the SPACE FREQUENCY3.
Press "632E" to enter the OFFSET CHANNEL3.

for the channel frequency's i entered in these
142.68000a
142.90500c

am i missing something ? im getting a continuous static.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<snip>

Have you tried Freescan? It will calculate the upper frequency of the band plan.</snip>

Keep in mind that FreeScan doesn't work with the 785...although you could use the tool to compute the upper frequency of the bandplan.

Doesn't ARC250 or ProScan (which does support the 785) have this tool? If not, it should....Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There are no upper freq settings for a Moto Type 2 VHF system. People are think of rebanded systems which doesn't apply in this case.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes, there are upper frequency settings. How else would you know where the next frequency range starts?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
It's not.

On a VHF system you need to enter it so your scanner knows where the next range starts.

The system we're discussing uses three ranges each of which has a starting and stopping frequency.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes, you're correct. I took a look at the programming thread I created many years ago and you only need the start frequencies and the offsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.