Need help BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevets

Premium Subscriber
I got the scanner to monitor a trunking system very well. I must have pushed a wrong button somewhere while programming an ID and now in the middle of scanning the screen goes to QUICK SEARCH. I push "Scan/Search" the trunking starts OK and then it suddenly goes back to QUCK SEARCH. How do I cancel this search? Thanks, Steve (new user of BCD996XT)

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Need help BCD 996XT

I have both the on-line and printer "easier to read manuals". I still can't figure out how to get rid of the QUICK SEARCH that keeps popping up on the srcreen during trunking scan. Trying for 2 hours now. Steve

Can you make a video of what it is doing. Is close call on?

Try formatting the radio and reprogramming it?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have this feature on my 15X (have never used it and find it rather annoying).

I found this here

To enter Search mode, FUNCTION+ tap SCAN . The scanner asks if you want to perform the Quick Search: tap YES if this is the search you want. To start a different search, tap NO: the scanner takes you to the Search for... menu, and you can select your search. To cancel a search prompt, press L/O.

Last edited:

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Need help - BCD996XT

Here is exactly what hapens: The scanner is in normal trunking scan mode and appears to work normally. Suddenly the display screen changes to "Quick Scan" and one of the trunked freqs appears below the words "Quick Scan". I push the Scan/Seach button and the scanner goes back to normal scanning and then again the "Quick Scan" comes up on the screen after maybe 30 seconds of scanning. "Quick Scan" stays on the screen until I push the "scan/search" button and then the process repeats all over again. I would like to know how to stop this "Quick Scan". Thanks, Steve

JoeyC

My 996xt is in the car, but let me see if I can do this from memory. It appears you have a custom search range assigned to a quick key that is active, or you have an unlocked search not assigned to a quick key.

Now I refuse to mess with these types of scanners without programming software, and I use FreeScan. If you are using FreeScan you can open up Set Scanner Options and see those search ranges under the Custom Search tab. Lock them out, or turn off the quick key that is assigned to it.

If you are programming by hand, you have to wade through the menu system to find how to do this. Sorry.

nevets

Premium Subscriber
Need Help BCD 996XT

Joey C, I took your advice and went with Free Scan. Worked perfect, I am all good now. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.