Need help finding a freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

I live in Hilton Head Island SC and listen to the live feed on this site. (link below) For some reason I can't find the Freq. to put in my scanner. Pleas help!! Thanks
Since you didn't specify what frequencies, it makes it difficult to help you. If you go to the database here on RR, you can find the frequencies for Beaufort, SC. If you don't have a TT'ing scanner, you are outa luck.
Larry

noblinger

If I knew what frequency then why would I post???? It is whatever one is at the link I proivided. I programmed all the frequencies on that list but I do not get the one that is on that live feed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The logical course of action here is to go to the SC forum and ask who is running that feed and what they programmed in their scanner.

No sarcasm needed :.>> 73 Mike

SkipSanders

Silent Key

sjlamb

If I knew what frequency then why would I post???? It is whatever one is at the link I proivided. I programmed all the frequencies on that list but I do not get the one that is on that live feed.

To clarify.... in case you haven't already figured it out.... what Larry was trying to ask you was, what agency are you trying to listen to on your scanner that you cannot locate their freq(s)?

The live feed is covering multiple agencies and is scanning multiple freqs. and talkgroups from the Beaufort County 800 mHz. Motorola Type II Smartzone Trunked Radio System. The freqs. and associated talkgroups for that system are located here: Beaufort County Public Safety Trunking System, Beaufort County, South Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Still... without knowing what type of scanner you are using and exactly who it is you want to hear (Sheriff's Office, Fire, EMS/Medics)... it is impossible to guide you further. To hear on your scanner exactly as you are hearing on the feed, program into your scanner all of the "red highlighted" freqs. (Control Channels) shown in the database and then add the various talkgroups for those agencies you wish to hear.

If you do not have a trunking scanner capable of receiving an 800 mHz. Motorola Type II Smartzone Trunked Radio System.... as Larry has already pointed out.... you're SOL.

Last edited:

noblinger

Ok Thanks for the info guys. I hope I didn't come off as being rude. I thought it was just a single freq and I have a BCT-8

sjlamb

Ok Thanks for the info guys. I hope I didn't come off as being rude. I thought it was just a single freq and I have a BCT-8

The BCT-8 will work on that system. Program in all the "red" freqs. shown in the database for that system. Then create talkgroup lists in the scanner by programming those talkgroup #s listed in the database for those agencies you want to hear (use the DEC talkgroup # when programming TGs).

If memory serves me, you can only program 10 talkgroup IDs per bank in the BCT-8 so, you will need to program the "Red" freqs into each bank and then add the 10 talkgroup IDs that you want to assign to that particular bank. The same "Red" freqs. would be programmed into each bank but, you would have a diiferent set of (10) Talkgroup ID #s in each bank to be able to listen to a total of (50) talkgroups.

You should also make sure that you have the most recent firmware installed in that scanner: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/ScannerManuals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.