• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000 Need help finding a radio part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
Two of my HT1000s are non functioning right now because I need to replace a small crucial part that I can't find online thus far (primarily because I'm not sure what it's called). It's the small bridge/interconnect, I guess you could call it, that connects the RF board to the logic board.

*I attached a picture of one of them for a radio...reference, horrible pun intended*

Any pointers to where I can procure a couple of these, or any pertinent advice, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

As you can no doubt see, one of the pins on this component is not there. That was my fault and is why I need two.
2019-01-19 20.35.55.jpg

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Two of my HT1000s are non functioning right now because I need to replace a small crucial part that I can't find online thus far (primarily because I'm not sure what it's called). It's the small bridge/interconnect, I guess you could call it, that connects the RF board to the logic board.

*I attached a picture of one of them for a radio...reference, horrible pun intended*

Any pointers to where I can procure a couple of these, or any pertinent advice, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

As you can no doubt see, one of the pins on this component is not there. That was my fault and is why I need two.
View attachment 67769
What is the spacing between the pins, in rows? What is the distance between rows, and between the sets of rows?

Sent using Tapatalk

CopperWhopper67

Premium Subscriber
What is the spacing between the pins, in rows? What is the distance between rows, and between the sets of rows?

Sent using Tapatalk

The inner rows are connected to each other and the outer rows are connected to each other.
The measurements are as follows:

All distances were self measured so allow for a +/- 0.3 mm error margin.

The black housing is 8.25 mm x 13 mm
The inner rows are 10 mm apart
The outer rows are 12.5 mm apart
Two rows on either individual side of the unit are 1 mm apart
Each adjacent pin is 1 mm from the nearest pin in the same row.
The pins themselves protrude 4 mm down from the base of the component.

The unit as a whole measures 13 mm x 12.5 mm

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
From an old service manual it looks like -

J704 0905461X03 Connector, 20-pin; to P704 Strip
Connector

Its probably worth just grabbing another couple cheap HT1000's off ebay for parts to get it. I actually have a box of old broken HT1000's specifically for this reason. Its not band specific so any band will work as long as the part is there

Status
Not open for further replies.