Need help finding an adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhall218

Premium Subscriber
I've been experimenting with an outdoor antenna setup to pull in my local simulcast system. After about a month of tweaking things, i'm ready to permanently mount my antenna and run my coax through the attic. (Was just stringing along the wall until I got things figured out). To avoid running the RG58 coax down the wall, I'd like to see how well it would work first if I connected that to a directv drop that's already in the wall. If it doesn't work, then I'll deal with fishing the coax down and out of the wall. Can anyone point me in the right direction for an adapter for a female pl-259 to female RG6? I'm finding the female RG6 to male pl-259, but no female to female. I appreciate any help you can give, and sorry if i'm not using the correct terminology, but I'm hopeful someone understands me.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If I understand your need correctly, maybe this would work.

Or maybe this is what you need.

Last edited:

jhall218

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the second one is what I've been looking for. Thank you very much, I'm not sure why I had such a hard time finding it.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Yes, the second one is what I've been looking for. Thank you very much, I'm not sure why I had such a hard time finding it.

A female connector that mates with the male PL-259 is called an SO-239. Searching on “female PL-259” probably didn’t find what you need.

Similarly, the RG-6 connector is called an “F” connector but there’s no separate unique designation for male or female F plugs and jacks.

jhall218

Premium Subscriber
A female connector that mates with the male PL-259 is called an SO-239. Searching on “female PL-259” probably didn’t find what you need.

Similarly, the RG-6 connector is called an “F” connector but there’s no separate unique designation for male or female F plugs and jacks.
Thank you!

majoco

Stirrer
Fortunately over the years I've managed to collect a selection of "Greenpar" adapters

but they are designed to be used as a temporary trial. I would not use them as a permanent fixture - if it works I would make or order a jumper lead to take it's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.