• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need help finding CPS on motorola's site

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok just got my MOL activated but being stupid as i am at this moment, i cant find where to purchase and download the software, anyone know where i should be going instead of browsing through the catalogs?

n5ims

The process is as follows:
1. Get a MOL account (you've apparently already completed this step)
2. Find and sign their software license agreement and state what software you need (type and radio models, etc.) as well as why you need them (to self maintain your radios often works).
3. Wait a few days for Motorola to accept and process your request.
4. You should then have access to the software items on MOL to allow you to order them.
5. Once the order is placed and accepted you'll have access to the download link, if available for that software.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
The process is as follows:
1. Get a MOL account (you've apparently already completed this step)
2. Find and sign their software license agreement and state what software you need (type and radio models, etc.) as well as why you need them (to self maintain your radios often works).
3. Wait a few days for Motorola to accept and process your request.
4. You should then have access to the software items on MOL to allow you to order them.
5. Once the order is placed and accepted you'll have access to the download link, if available for that software.

Mmmm thats what i thought.... guess ill wait until thats done then ill purchase/download the software i am wanting.

steele_lpd

Even after I went through the steps I still could not find the CPS just by browsing for it. I had to search for the specific model number of the software to find it. Good luck!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yeah, MOL has a terrible search engine. You'd think that by going to the specific radio section that you'd be able to see the software there, but as steele_lpd wrote, you have to actually know the part number or description (the way MOL has it listed) to look it up.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Well i entered it as you specified, just came up with something totally different saying "this part number has been replaced etc etc... I accepted it the other night so i bet maybe tomorrow it would be different for me when i search for that part number, might have to call and confirm unless i should just wait. Version 05.02.00 should be the one i should be seeing right unless its an expired software?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Which software are you looking for? If it's the Astro portable software that will do AS's, I think 5.02.00 is the latest you can get from MOL - product code is RVN4182V.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Which software are you looking for? If it's the Astro portable software that will do AS's, I think 5.02.00 is the latest you can get from MOL - product code is RVN4182V.

I think thats the one Scott gave me... think it came up as something else, might be because motorola still hasnt approved me yet, has been 24 hours already, ill have to check again first ill run RVN4182V again and see what it comes up as this time. Thanks

Add: ok well it came up as 0 results so i guess ill wait again tomorrow and call motorola to see... guess its gunna be more then 24 hours to wait

05.02.00 is the one im looking for anyways.

Last edited:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
RVN4182V is the correct part number and will show up as CPS R05.02.00 XTS3000. As I said before, you are not seeing that version because you either have not signed the license agreement or Motorola has not approved you yet.

That R02 or whatever it is that you are seeing is an upgrade only and will do absolutely nothing for you.

Signing the license agreement is totally separate from signing up for MOL. To sign the license agreement, you have to select "Resource Center" at the top of the page, then select "Software Support". There is a link there to sign the CPS agreement. I don't see it anymore, because I've already signed it. Mine only gives me the options to "View License" and "View Subscriptions".

Back a few years ago, you had to actually sign a hard copy of the license agreement in red ink and mail it to them. I always thought that was funny... I always associated it with signing in blood.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
RVN4182V is the correct part number and will show up as CPS R05.02.00 XTS3000. As I said before, you are not seeing that version because you either have not signed the license agreement or Motorola has not approved you yet.

That R02 or whatever it is that you are seeing is an upgrade only and will do absolutely nothing for you.

Signing the license agreement is totally separate from signing up for MOL. To sign the license agreement, you have to select "Resource Center" at the top of the page, then select "Software Support". There is a link there to sign the CPS agreement. I don't see it anymore, because I've already signed it. Mine only gives me the options to "View License" and "View Subscriptions".

Back a few years ago, you had to actually sign a hard copy of the license agreement in red ink and mail it to them. I always thought that was funny... I always associated it with signing in blood.

LoL scott lol.... well i already signed the whole thing like i was going to the marines, hopefully later today it will go through or tomorrow hopefully...

kd7ckq

When I created my MOL account I did all of the electronic signature stuff online. But, after a week and still nothing on the software. I called and spoke to a very nice lady who opened a ticket on the software problem. Later that day, I had access to purchase software. If nothing happens in the next couple of days, you may have to call in and talk to someone.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
If you've already signed it and given them a few days, call them now. Contrary to popular belief, they are very nice and will be more than happy to help you.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok i just got my order in and my hardcopy of the software should be here by the 15th but wasnt there something else on the site that allows you to download it or something?

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yep. Congrats by the way. Motorola sure makes it difficult huh? lol

Go to MOL and click on "Resource Center" at the top. Then on the left of the page select the "Software" drop-down, then "Two-Way" and finally, you'll see your subscription.

If you have a slow connection, it can take a while to download. There will be several downloads there, but the one you're looking for is the zip file with the name of the CPS (XTS3000_R05_00_02.zip).

If you don't see it there, just give them a call, because someone there forgot to add your account to the download area.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Sheesh your awake and I just got off work after being happy I got an email alert saying it was shipped lol.

Yeah they probably did forget but i mean i can download some other stuff too like the Minitor IV programming software etc but just not the one im looking for.. dang now i have to wait for monday to get here.. wish they opened up on saturdays atleast lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.