Need Help for Cobb County

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a RS Pro-197. I have been unable to pick up anything for Cobb County/Marrietta. Does anyone know what settings I need to have? I have all the freq's and TG's but I don't think I have the other settings right. Please advise. Thanks.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Cobb county no longer uses the analog radio system (0920) for primary use, you will need to buy a digital scanner (such as a Pro96/106 BC-396/996 or similar) to monitor the newer digital system now used for all Cobb county and city of Marietta, Smyrna, Austell, Kennesaw, Acworth, etc. All of the data on talkgroups and such is pretty current on the main RR site.

The old system is still up as a backup but rarely used.

MTS, Thanks for the fast reply. I do have new Digital Scanner. I have put in all the info as found on RR. I just don't know what settings to have under the "Advanced" menu. Like MOT800/900, or P25 etc. And also if it is a Muiti-Site and those settings etc. Sorry, some of this is a little over my head.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
sorry, I misread the "197" for "97"...my failing eyesight.

Yes, Cobb's DTRS is a simulcast system. I'm not familiar with the 197, but if it's based of the GRE's like most RS trunking scanners of late are, than system voice should be set to P25 and it should autodetect this.

Maybe someone else who is more familiar with that radio can chime in. I gave up trying to use any trunking scanners as they all suck wind on decoding CQPSK modulation which unfortunately, Cobb and just about all digital systems in this area that aren't encrypted (MARTA being the exception) use for simulcast coverage.

However, with a work issued portable that isn't an issue anymore.:lol:

Good deal. Yes, the 197 ops identical to the GRE models. I'll change the settings to P25 auto. I'll know around the middle of May if thats gonna work ok. ( I travel to GA each month for business) Thanks for your help.

rmiller818

Good deal. Yes, the 197 ops identical to the GRE models. I'll change the settings to P25 auto. I'll know around the middle of May if thats gonna work ok. ( I travel to GA each month for business) Thanks for your help.

Setting to P25 auto should do it for you. If not I can send you a Win500 file I use if you have Win500 as well.

rmiller818, if its not too much trouble to send that Win500 file, that would be great. I thank everyone for their help. Have a great rest of the week.

Also, under the "expert" settings, any idea what needs to be there? I have also been posting on the TN page trying to figure out some things there with Smyrna TN. They finished rebanding at the first of the year and I'm "out of luck" with that now. LoL. Funny, everything worked great till the rebanding.

rmiller818

You should be fine with leaving the expert settings as they are. I will send you my file so you can see how it is setup but keep in mind that the talkgroups assigned to the scanlists may be different than what you want to listen to. Where are you trying to monitor from?

Also, need an email for you, send it to me in a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.