Need help for programming and setting up scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphy69

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro-106 and live in Princeton Kentucky which is located in Caldwell county. I am having a hard time just getting channels picked up. Make a long story short I haven't completed anything that has worked with this unit.

RomeRon

I have a pro-106 and live in Princeton Kentucky which is located in Caldwell county. I am having a hard time just getting channels picked up. Make a long story short I haven't completed anything that has worked with this unit.

What software are you using?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is what we have listed for Caldwell County - can you be more specific about what you are trying to hear, or are you simply having trouble in programming?

Caldwell County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

We have a huge amount of reference material in our wiki. There's a FAQ for the object oriented scanners, an Easier to Read manual, a shortcut for manual programming, and if you are using either ARC500 or Win500, we have user guides for each (PSREdit500 is also compatible, but no one has written a user guide - yet - for it). Their links can all be found here (anything in blue is a link)

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Be a bit more specific with your problem - there are LOTS of folks here that can help...best regards..Mike

Ensnared

Programming 106 For Kentucky

First of all, welcome to Radio Reference. I would appreciate knowing several things before I can assist you: a) what agencies do you want to monitor; b) what type of programming software are you currently using; c) do you want to program the state police; e) have you programmed the USB cable; f) have you upgraded your radio, the latest version? In my opinion, Kentucky State Police have a similar radio system to Texas DPS.

If you are not using software, I strongly recommend Win500. Here is a useful guide to what you will see when you employ this programming software.

WIN500 - UtahRadio

Here is an easier programming manual to use:

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

When I looked at your county, it seems as though there is an encrypted SO channel. They are also using digital radios.

Now, please review this information. If you are wanting to manually program your radio, there are several You Tube step-by-step programming videos.

Please, understand, this radio requires a rather steep learning curve for some, like me. But, after you understand how the radio operates, it is quite easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.