Need help for programs and hand-holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhughes248

I have sort of a noobs question. I need to find a program - free or not - to decode rtty, cw, etc. on a machine with windows 10. I an running RSP2 and Console V3 . I can not understand how to use the virtual audio to direct audio to a program for decoding.

I have gotten the andle on V3 and can tune the signals ... now how to decode the suckers.

Thanks and 73 from Benton, AR

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
There are loads of amateur radio programs that will do what you want.. A simple search for Amateur digital will get you where you need to go.. All you need to do hardware wise, is get the audio from the radio to the computer.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I have sort of a noobs question. I need to find a program - free or not - to decode rtty, cw, etc. on a machine with windows 10. I an running RSP2 and Console V3 . I can not understand how to use the virtual audio to direct audio to a program for decoding.

I have gotten the andle on V3 and can tune the signals ... now how to decode the suckers.

Best all-around program for digital modes is FLDIGI. It's free and multi-platform.

I've never used it with my RSP1 (or any other SDR gadget) so I can't help you on the virtual audio cable part.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
FLDigi is a great program that, unfortunately, is only really useful for hams and those working on the VoA RadioGram project. There are MANY programs to do digital decoding, and it would appear you've gotten over the big hurdle of getting audio from the SDR to the PC.

I'd suggest starting by reading our article in the wiki on HF digital decoding. Apart from hams, there's a lot that, sadly, is encrypted and we'll never be able to read - but there's still a fair amount of readable stuff if you know where and when to look.

DXing Digital Utilities - The RadioReference Wiki

Notice Chapter 5 - this will give you some easily decoded targets, assuming you have the right software. Look at my sig line for a site that lists just about everything that's out there (I haven't added MARS ALE yet, but I will in the next release...)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.