Need help for rhode island police freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAYCO

I'am new to this site and need some help. I have a BC235XLT Trunk Tracker and need help to get my town Police on my scanner.I live in Little Compton RI.. So if any one in newport county or in this area can help. THANKS.

captclint

Mentor
I'am new to this site and need some help. I have a BC235XLT Trunk Tracker and need help to get my town Police on my scanner.I live in Little Compton RI.. So if any one in newport county or in this area can help. THANKS.
Welcome to RR. This site has a database for nearly every county. Your's is here:
Newport County, You will see a low band freq for fire, and a VHF for police in your town.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
which, unfortunately, the old 235 will not be able to handle. You can find a list of the current - and older- models on our wiki homepage, in the popular topics area. To get there, simply float your mouse over the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad to Wiki and select Wiki homepage Then look down and to the right about 2/3 of the way to the Popular Topics box 73 Mike

MAYCO

thanks looks like i will have to buy an up to date scanner. Iooked at some of the $ and will keep looking. thanks for the help. Mayco.

georgew0819

Little Compton PD & FD

I hate to say this but Little Compton PD & FD are on the RISCON 800mhz digital network which pretty much encompasses all of RI. The only PD's still using VHF/UHF are Portsmouth and Tiverton. Newport, Portsmouth and Little Compton FD have RISCON 800mhz digital radios but I don't believe they use them for fireground ops. While I'm not sure about Lil Comp, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth and Tiverton FD's still use VHF/UHF.

Since there probably isn't much PD traffic in your area & FD is busy with mutual aid to Tiverton, I've added Little Compton PD & FD to the Newport County Feed. When you get a digital capable scanner I'll send you the files I have for the area to help with the scanner programing.

MAYCO

Thanks for the help

I will have to start saving $ so i can get an up to date scanner. Thank you again for the info and help. If you have time could you tell me what model scanner you think i should buy, i would like a portable. .Thanks again. Mayco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.