• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need help: found vintage Motorola desk unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtphil

Greetings all,

I’ve recently acquired a vintage Motorola desk unit that powers on and lights up when it keys up. After doing a bit of googling I believe it is a T1200 or something of that line. Further information seems to escape me. Does anyone know anything?

Attachments

• 88EE50BB-5981-4406-8199-BB88EAB0DEBD.jpeg
    88EE50BB-5981-4406-8199-BB88EAB0DEBD.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 118

wgbecks

It is a T1200 then it's a D.C. Remote Control that was used to control a base station remotely via a telephone line. It would help with identification if you could post a couple of more more photos looking looking down inside of the chassis and of the back end of the unit?

emtphil

Here you go.

Also, one of the tubes was broken, however I was able to find a replacement on eBay and is already being shipped.

Attachments

• ED6E755A-C287-49B9-AFB9-237A2C892709.jpeg
    ED6E755A-C287-49B9-AFB9-237A2C892709.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 85
  • BCD8ED56-5473-4C68-8E44-EA47CEA1B5E1.jpeg
    BCD8ED56-5473-4C68-8E44-EA47CEA1B5E1.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 88

cmdrwill

You will notice that that has vacuum tubes in it. Not to mention selenium rectifiers.
Very old, we took most of them out of service back in the 70's.

T1200 DC Remote control console.

emtphil

Also, this is the output connector. Not sure exactly what it’s supposed to connect to.

Attachments

• CBCA8C2B-3CBB-4A59-A657-31C3F2D4DCD4.jpeg
    CBCA8C2B-3CBB-4A59-A657-31C3F2D4DCD4.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 31

cmdrwill

Looks like that poor old remote has been "modified" AKA badly butchered. Not a " output connector".
Any input or output connections are made on the terminal strip. The desk mic connects to the mic jack on left rear.

I am sure that remote is older than T1200.

Last edited:

emtphil

That connector does go to the terminal strip on the back, and there is power going to it. If it’s a remote, does that mean it doesn’t put out any RF at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.