• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need help from you experts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
First of all, i'm authorized to have the system key i'm referencing so please spare me the legal comments...With that stated, i need to load the system key into the CPS for an experimental XTS 3000 as my team wants to purchase some more of these radios if they like this one. Heres the problem: I do not have an ibutton so, how can i load the system key manually? Thanks!!

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I presume you know how to navigate in Windows? To insert a file into a folder?

All you have to do is paste the system key file into the syskeys folder within the RSS folder.

Use Windows Explorer. (Not Internet Explorer! :D)

Elroy

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
Thank you!

Thanks Elroy, i will try it tonight when i get to the station. I believe i tried it before but i'm not 100% sure i pasted it into the RSS folder.

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
Gave it that 'ol american try but...

I tried to do what you stated but heres the problems i have now:

1>In what program can i save a .key file? I don;t see anything that allows me to do that.

2> It states (sometimes) it cannot load/save anything but IH?? system keys. This makes no sense to me or the system adminstrator who stopped by to check out the CPS software.

Thanks and i'll understand if it is too involved for you to provide any help. I do have access to a Moto shop here but they are expensive, slow and a bit snotty so thats why i'm back here. Many thanks!!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
You just copy the "SYS0xxxx.KEY" file to a folder that you name what ever you like. Motorola typically defaults the system key folder to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola\Syskeys. You don't need a program to copy it. The CPS will use the "key" to open up features in the CPS to allow you to program in that system.

Once it's copied, you open the CPS and then go to "Tools", then "System Keys", then "Load" and then "Normal System Keys". It will open a window and you search for where you look for the key that you copied.

RKG

You just copy the "SYS0xxxx.KEY" file to a folder that you name what ever you like. Motorola typically defaults the system key folder to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola\Syskeys. You don't need a program to copy it. The CPS will use the "key" to open up features in the CPS to allow you to program in that system.

Once it's copied, you open the CPS and then go to "Tools", then "System Keys", then "Load" and then "Normal System Keys". It will open a window and you search for where you look for the key that you copied.

Actually, if you do it this way, the keys will be loaded for the current session only, and will not appear when the application is next booted.

To make the system keys available whenever the program is run, copy the key files to a location and then go to Tools|User Settings and define the path the key files.

carolinascannerspy

Banned - Deadbeat Seller
Banned
BIG thanks to both of you

Thanks guys, both of you. Greatly appreciate the tips. I got it. I had the path pointing to an empty syskey file i had vacated and named the same BUT forgot to delete. Live & learn i guess. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.