Need Help getting started - B396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnFluich

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

I must be really stupid.

I have the above scanner which I just bought. It was never used so it came preloaded with the quick keys that came out of the factory.

I followed the Uniden start guide where it said in order switch from one quick key to another you simply do F - .no - XX (where XX is the number of the pre-programmed quick key ou want to go to).

No matter how many times I try this process, I can't switch from the default (Alaska) to ANY other set.

I read the "easier to read manual" that's online too, and it doesn't tell you how to switch from one to another.

I don't have the software yet, and I really don't want to start programming it with software until I figure out this basic step.

Sorry for such a basic question, but I really can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance for putting up with me,

John.

captclint

Mentor
You need to lock out Alaska, not switch quick keys. While it is scanning Alaska, press L/O twice very quickly

Last edited:

JohnFluich

Premium Subscriber
Hi there,

Wow - thank you for the speedy reply.

So, I hit L/O twice and now the screen flashes alternately between Alaska and Deleware? ID Search is scrolling across the screen.

While this alternate flashing is going on, pressing L/O twice has no effect?

Thanks again,

John.

teufler

dublin file

An bhfuil tú i ndáiríre in Éirinn? An Chéad comhad Ghaeilge I chruthaigh. Comhad Freescan, an cábla agus Hook raidió a úsáid chun an ríomhaire agus lóid. Ní bheidh sé ag scríobh thar an cónaí nó setups tiomnaithe, ach ní bheidh tú ag bothered ag na comhaid sin.

Attachments

• ireland.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 39

captclint

Mentor
An bhfuil tú i ndáiríre in Éirinn? An Chéad comhad Ghaeilge I chruthaigh. Comhad Freescan, an cábla agus Hook raidió a úsáid chun an ríomhaire agus lóid. Ní bheidh sé ag scríobh thar an cónaí nó setups tiomnaithe, ach ní bheidh tú ag bothered ag na comhaid sin.
I think you answered the wrong thread :confused:

JohnFluich

Premium Subscriber

Fair enough, but that's not what I was after if you read my original post, mas e do thoil e. And it's rude to post a foreign language post in an English-speaking forum. Some might even call you an amadan.

Why is my screen flashing between Alaska andDeleware and how do I get it to stop? Even turning it off and turning it back on doesn't stop it.

Thanks again,

John.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe to enable/disable system quick keys, all you need to do is press the number on the keypad. For system quick keys greater than 9, the press the period no (. no) first. Thus for system quick key 11, it is <.11>. The function knob has no role in this.

Also many of the factory pre-loaded systems are antiquated/not correct. Since the 396XT was introduced in 2009 a lot of the trunked systems underwent re-banding. That resulted in a shift of the control channel frequencies. Also an FCC rule became effective January 2013 which has led to some frequency changes.

When you get the programming software, you can erase these pre-programmed system when you write your programming to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.